Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Well Qualified"- TCSD newsletter
Quote | Reply
Anybody read Craig Zelent's Ironman article on himself? I thought it was a bit strange and it sounded to me like he was singing his own praise.
Quote Reply
Re: "Well Qualified"- TCSD newsletter [Bones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally know Craig and I'm on the same tri team as Craig. His article was just his story of Ironman Hawaii. No big deal. Don't read too much into it.

Craig does a tremendous amount of work for the TriClub of San Diego. He does an Ironman 'interview' in each months newsletter. This months interview just happened to be his own story.

I for one enjoyed the article.

Mike

TCSD member

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craig's a good guy and is never one to think too highly of himself. He's also very very fast at the short-course racing that is his main focus. He's one of the few masters guys around that can hang with Mike Plumb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah! no picking on Craig! He's the coolest and nicest guy ever!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: "Well Qualified"- TCSD newsletter [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is he as nice as h2ofun? ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
like others have said, each month Craig does an interview with an Ironman athlete and in the 4 years that I have been a member I don't ever recall seeing Craig interview himself so I think it was totally fitting that for a change Craig gave his story. You also have to understand that within the club, Craig is the Ironman guy. He writes training programs for each of the Ironman events that anyone in the club can follow for free. He also writes an Ironman swim workout for the newsletter each month on top of that, at each club meeting Craig leads a question/answer session for people that are doing/contemplating an Ironman. To listen to the guy talk, you'd think he was just an average middle of the pack guy, but this guy races from the front no matter what the distance, triathlon or duathlon. To someone that may not read the club newsletter every month, or isn't involved with the club much, I can see where it might have seemed strange, but Craig is one of the mega volunteers that help make the TCSD one of the best clubs in the country.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: "Well Qualified"- TCSD newsletter [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was soooooooooo happy to see Craig write the article on himself, I've wanted to offer to interview him myself for the monthly newsletter so he could get a chance to show off a bit! He does so much for the tri community here in sd. And he's the most humble person there is.
Quote Reply
Re: "Well Qualified"- TCSD newsletter [plbaldwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woohoo!! I know who you are! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: "Well Qualified"- TCSD newsletter [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha! i know you too! thanks for all your cheers at imh.
Quote Reply