Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium!
Quote | Reply
What do you think about that?
Last edited by: FindinFreestyle: Apr 9, 18 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think about what? Your title to a thread and nothing more?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Refers to the men's podium at Texas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, something of a decoder ring is needed here. This was Starky's comment about the TX 70.3 podium of himself, Kanute and Weiss (the doper).

I had no issue with it. I was at the later awards ceremony, the one Starky wasn't at, and Weiss got his share of cheers when announced. I think the majority don't know of his past.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, got it. I just read “Chicago” and “doper” in the thread, and was immediately curious as a native Chicagoan.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Ahh, got it. I just read “Chicago” and “doper” in the thread, and was immediately curious as a native Chicagoan.

I think you're just waiting for somebody to bring up the Duathlon Nationals Podium :-p
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Weiss got his share of cheers when announced. I think the majority don't know of his past.

That's the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
doublea334 wrote:

I think you're just waiting for somebody to bring up the Duathlon Nationals Podium :-p

No, Duathlon is stupid and rightfully ignored by everyone but 4 people.
I’m just sore and cranky and sitting in Greenville until my flight.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that Instagram post was great. Starky is never one to hold back his thoughts and I am sure others have felt the same way in those situations.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Care to share the TV Guide edition? I'll admit I'm unfamiliar.

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Chicagoans and a doper! [brmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brmacy wrote:
Care to share the TV Guide edition? I'll admit I'm unfamiliar.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...hael_Weiss_2476.html
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As always, Starky speaking blunt and crystal clear with no mixed messages. The podium video clearly showed Starky's feeling overall towards Weiss.
Anyone know if Weiss has ever spoken or given an interview on his past doping violation? As far as I know he never contested the sanction and served the time and then came back.
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20anything#p4885704

Here was a thread that dan let Weiss have here after his doping violation and suspension. I think he thought he was going to rehab his reputation by talking to the people, don't think he knew what kind of people he was talking to here:
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. That thread....I read one of his responses and that was enough. Basically said professionals are unprofessional by speaking out against doping and that they should stick to training, nutrition, and racing to make the sport look better and clean. OMERTA.

Get out of here, Weiss. And if pros are clean, they need to speak out like Starky did.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
Wow. That thread....I read one of his responses and that was enough. Basically said professionals are unprofessional by speaking out against doping and that they should stick to training, nutrition, and racing to make the sport look better and clean. OMERTA.

Get out of here, Weiss. And if pros are clean, they need to speak out like Starky did.

100% agree

Starky just earned another fan! That is so awesome that he won't put up with that bs.
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
someone link his tweet
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [legitlegit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He committed an offence 13 years ago in a different sport, served his suspension and hasn't shied away from it. Obviously passed numerous drug tests since. When do people move on? I must admit I had this negative mentality about him but was lucky to have dinner with him at Kona last year and was a super nice guy and you realise there is a human side and people do make mistakes. Don't get me wrong I am flat out against dopers but as I say when do we let it go? Sour grapes by Starky getting beaten some could put it down to?
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I forgot all about that thread. Thanks for digging that up.
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you brought this up!

Being "nice" is never a valid excuse for doping or being a doper.

He can totally feel free to work hard and earn some redemption... in some venue other than athletics.

The guy remains a stain on the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
He committed an offence 13 years ago in a different sport, served his suspension and hasn't shied away from it. Obviously passed numerous drug tests since. When do people move on? I must admit I had this negative mentality about him but was lucky to have dinner with him at Kona last year and was a super nice guy and you realise there is a human side and people do make mistakes. Don't get me wrong I am flat out against dopers but as I say when do we let it go? Sour grapes by Starky getting beaten some could put it down to?

Bing-o, some people just can't let it go. Have been around both I would say Starky needs to get over himself....his out look is what will keep him on the D list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:

Did you even read the thread where he was "available"? He actually DID shy aways from any pertinent questions and was completely evasive. Came across as an arrogant asshole and never showed any regret. As others have said, fine, but not in our sport.....just go away. As stated, he is a stain that needs to be removed as others from the past have.
Quote Reply
Re: "Two Chicagoans & a doper" tweets Starky re: IMTX70.3 podium! [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty classless statement from a professional
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:

"Hasnt shied away from it"

Granted I didn't read all 21 Pages of that thread, but he refused to talk about it at all as far as I saw.

Then if your logic is true, I wish I'd done dope for the last 20 years. Because then I could quit doing ped's today, race now, Crush people, and say "that was all in the past" and act like it didn't benefit me.. eta: instead of being a slow, fat, old man.
Last edited by: davejustdave: Apr 9, 18 19:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing Monty. Wow, 21 page thread! After going through it, Weiss missed a great opportunity to really lay it all out there and answer directly with transparency the questions on doping.
Quote Reply

Prev Next