Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Turn Off the TV Week"
Quote | Reply
This coming week, starting 4/18, is "Turn Off the TV Week". My 6 year old son told me about it. Some school thing I guess. He says "the whole world is doing it". We don't have a TV but we use the computers to watch movies, so that's out.

We are also turning off the interwebs. No Bigpuss to kick around for the next 7 days. I'm sure very few of you care.

Until then, enjoy yourselves.

Quote | Reply
What I can not watch Big Bang Theory? Its not going to be a good week!
Quote Reply
Re: "Turn Off the TV Week" [BigPuss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigPuss wrote:
This coming week, starting 4/18, is "Turn Off the TV Week". My 6 year old son told me about it. Some school thing I guess. He says "the whole world is doing it".

Canada gets an exception. NHL playoffs is one of the only times I watch TV...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: "Turn Off the TV Week" [BigPuss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....but your Farmville crops will wither.

My take would be to go without the non-interactive media for a week (TV, Hulu, Youtube....books), but continue to use interactive media (email, facebook). That means no ST Home page, but yes to ST Forums.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: "Turn Off the TV Week" [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not really asking anyone else to participate if they don't want to. I understand the Canada/hockey thing, etc.

Our household is ditching all (non business) electronics for the week. Computers, video games (we have Wii), email, text, etc. It's not political nor does it have any underlying meaning. Just an exercise, if you will.

If you want to do it, feel free. If not, feel free.