Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Triathlon Training" is 7th most popular fitness search
Quote | Reply
According to Google's Zeitgeist 2007 this is the breakdown of the most popular fitness searches in the U.S. this past year:
  1. pilates
  2. bikram yoga
  3. spinning
  4. cross fit
  5. zumba
  6. kettlebells
  7. triathlon training
  8. parkour
  9. bosu
  10. gym jones
So our sport beat out all three of the individual disciplines: swimming, biking, and running!?!?! I think this is interesting and somewhat counter-intuitive. Anyone else surprised?

------------------------------------------------
Ann Arbor Triathlon Club

Follow me on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: "Triathlon Training" is 7th most popular fitness search [Dave Vannette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose the number of triathlon searches that i did this year may have contributed to that ranking...

------------------------------------------------
Ann Arbor Triathlon Club

Follow me on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: "Triathlon Training" is 7th most popular fitness search [Dave Vannette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think people are intrigued by triathlon, and want to do it, but don't know how... it's a more complex sport. So, they google it. You don't hear people saying, "I want to start running.... so I'll go google how to run." Nope, they just put their gym shoes on, and get out the door. Not so in the crazy world of multisport. So, just because triathlon beats out things like "running" and "cycling" in internet searches doesn't mean it's more popular, it just means that it's more complex, and that our sport is synonymous with dicking around on the internet rather than actually training.

-Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't know anything, by the way, about dicking off on the internet instead of training. This post should be proof of... ah, nevermind.

-Brian
Last edited by: brburns: Dec 13, 07 20:13
Quote Reply