Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Triathlon" Suunto to Strava "Workout"?!?
Quote | Reply
I've been getting runs and rides from my Suunto Ambit2S to Strava fine when I record them on the watch as "Cycling" or "Running", but is it possible to get a "Triathlon" transferred or edited so it ends up a separate activities? Right now it comes over as one contiguous activity called a "Workout" which Strava doesn't know is a swim and a bike and a run.

Or maybe in the future I should record my race legs as separate events on the Suunto to avoid this issue.

Thanks!
Alex
Quote Reply
Re: "Triathlon" Suunto to Strava "Workout"?!? [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexabbas wrote:
Or maybe in the future I should record my race legs as separate events on the Suunto to avoid this issue.

Experienced the same with the same resolution. Unsure if the triathlon thing is high on Strava's list or priorities. Maybe for premium members?

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only way is to split the activity in different files, using tools like Golden Cheetah and such.

Strava won't cut the file for you, neither will Movescount. When I used TP, it didn't either, and neither will Sportstracks.

It might work for Garmin multisports files (I have no clue) but I can say it also doesn't work for Polar V800 files. Also need to cut them in separate files.
Quote Reply
Re: "Triathlon" Suunto to Strava "Workout"?!? [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did find one other solution, but it's clunky: export the aggregate track from Strava as gpx or whatever, then delete it. Re-import the track file three times, each time cropping the path to the length of one of the legs and then exporting that leg and deleting it before importing the aggregate track again and cropping again. Then at the end import the three cropped track files.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread back up, has there been a resolution to this yet? I would like to see my race broken down by sport rather than 1 event on Strava.
Quote Reply