Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Time Crunched Triathlete" question
Quote | Reply
For anyone who has used the Carmichael Time Crunched Triathlete plan, I have a very basic question about how the workouts are formatted. For instance, if the plan for the day on the bike is as follows:

Bike 1:30 EM

7 x 2 min PI
(2 min RBI)

The total workout is supposed to last 1-1/2 hours, and is categorized as an EM (Endurance miles), so 45-73% of field test power. What I haven't found in the book, is at what point you incorporate the 2 minute power intervals (101% power min). Those with rest between intervals would account for 28 minutes. does it matter when one does those in the workout?

Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Re: "Time Crunched Triathlete" question [plainsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plainsman wrote:
For anyone who has used the Carmichael Time Crunched Triathlete plan, I have a very basic question about how the workouts are formatted. For instance, if the plan for the day on the bike is as follows:

Bike 1:30 EM

7 x 2 min PI
(2 min RBI)

The total workout is supposed to last 1-1/2 hours, and is categorized as an EM (Endurance miles), so 45-73% of field test power. What I haven't found in the book, is at what point you incorporate the 2 minute power intervals (101% power min). Those with rest between intervals would account for 28 minutes. does it matter when one does those in the workout?

Opinions will vary but I personally would do a very thorough 60-min warm-up spin first, then your 7 intervals w/2 min recovery, and the you'll have a 4-min cool-down at the end. If you prefer a longer c/d, then take 5-10 min off the 60 min.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: "Time Crunched Triathlete" question [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, much appreciated!

Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Re: "Time Crunched Triathlete" question [plainsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is what I do too, not sure if it is better or not, but being in the trainer the last minutes are the most miserable time if you don't have anything to look forward other than the time to end.
Quote Reply