Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Ticking" Noise From Front End - Need some advice
Quote | Reply
I keep hearing a "ticking" or clicking noise coming from what I believe is the front end of my TT bike. Cervelo P2C, Easton EC90 fork, Mavic Ksyrium wheelset.

I have checked...

1. Brakes.
2. Hubs, wheels and put the wheels on my Road bike and verified no noise coming from the hub.
3. Tightened the top cap on the steerer tube a bit to make sure it was snug.

What should I do or check next? I'm lost.
Quote Reply
Re: "Ticking" Noise From Front End - Need some advice [jackbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: "Ticking" Noise From Front End - Need some advice [jackbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spoke?

Quote | Reply
Have you recently installed one of these?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try changing out your front wheel and see if the noise goes away. I had a clicking coming from my front wheel and discovered that the wheel's axle was loose and making the clicking noise.

Las Vegas NV | IM KY 07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack Bauer hears a ticking coming from the front of his vehicle, and he is asking what it might be?
Quote Reply
Re: "Ticking" Noise From Front End - Need some advice [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jack Bauer hears a ticking coming from the front of his vehicle, and he is asking what it might be?
My thoughts exactly!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Computer magnet hitting the pick up on the front fork?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank arm hitting excess front Der cable? Check chainring bolts? Make sure they have a little lube on them and are tight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be the valve stem hitting the rim with each revolution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may sound wierd....look at the tube valve extension, Ksyriums are known for a loose fit (largish hole), and sometimes, if the line is just right between the tube and the exit point, you can get a click...if so, I bet you did not use the lock nut on the valve. If this is the case, put on a locknut, and see if it goes away.

Good luck

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the same thing happen before. In my case it was the cable housings drying out and clicking against the frame. I changed the cable housings and it eliminated the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they are tubular, you can sometimes get a "loose" spot where the glue or tape sticks and unsticks as you go around.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clean your skewer. Seriously. Fixed the tick on my Kysrium Elite.

http://bryanlh.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it a random ticking or rythmic with each wheel revolution?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you rule out your wheel as the cause; if you have your shift/brake cables internally routed through your handlebars, you might want to check there. I have seen this more then once... road vibration causes the cable housings to "rattle" in the handlebars which often sounds like a clicking (especially in carbon bars).

My first two guesses have already been made... computer sensor/magnet and valve stem in the rim

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Re: "Ticking" Noise From Front End - Need some advice [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had some ticking noise in my Jet60 that was annoying as hell. It was the valve stem flopping against the fairing...took a little piece of erectrical tape around it and the problem was 100% solved. Could be the same thing.

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check your drive train. Might be a tight link or similar. you would be amazed at how sound bounces around a frame. Particularly carbon ones.

Run like you stole something
Formerly Fueled by ZYM
Quote Reply
Re: "Ticking" Noise From Front End - Need some advice [kkoole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rythmic with every wheel revolution. I'm pretty sure now after reading the responses that it is the valve stem tapping against the rim. I'm going to test ride this afternoon. I'm 99% sure this is it.

Thanks.
Quote Reply