Login required to post replies

"This is how to win a race" video from Trogspace
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd share...

http://www.trogspace.com/

Trail Riders of Greater Stanislaus

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: "This is how to win a race" video from Trogspace [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HA!
Quote Reply
Re: "This is how to win a race" video from Trogspace [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have gotten up and beaten that guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whats up with the pink cyclist head butting the white cyclist which resulted in the the crash

it looks like he did it on purpose, did he want to knock the white cyclist down or was it like a tap to get him to move?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a Japanese Keirin race--- and that head butt is a legal move if I remember correctly. As long as your hands don't leave the handlebars-- you "trade Paint" as they would say in the Nascar circuit.

Keirin used to be big time betting events--- don't know if they still are.

From a site devoted to keirin racing

"A certain amount of pushing and shoving is tolerated by the rules and as the speeding riders manoeuvre in the fight for the best position spectacular crashes are not uncommon. The surface of the track is hard and rough to provide good traction even in the rain, so the racers wear plastic body armour under their jerseys to prevent serious injury should it come to a crash"
Last edited by: chainring711: Aug 3, 06 12:37
Quote Reply
Re: "This is how to win a race" video from Trogspace [chainring711] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep...it is. Back in the day if I recall Nelson Vail was over there kicking some ass on the off season.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply