Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"The Womens" Forum
Quote | Reply
So, you all may have seen a link on the top of the forum for "The Womens." This is a new forum, founded by our own iron_clm. It's a new forum that's supposed to be a new, kinder, gentler Slowtwitch. Basically, a place that's an antidote to the **occasional** overdose of testosterone that manifests itself in this forum. It's not a forum just for womens, nor is it only for feminine topics, but it should be a forum where issues are handled, well, gently... Or with massive amounts of aggression and emotion. ;)

I'll let CLM discuss it more...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>founded by our own iron_clm<<

Clarification: Founded by the Gals of Slowtwitch, coming out of our last training camp at Xantusia in November. Erika/Trailbait actually came up with the idea.

Welcome to all!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a great idea!!! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I support it because pillow fights in small t-shirts might breakout.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I support it because pillow fights in small t-shirts might breakout.

That only happens after a few margaritas when we're at Xantusia. Didn't you see the pics last time? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet it smells nicer in there, too.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I feel like John Belushi standing atop the ladder peeking in on the pillow fight in Animal House...!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's a great idea!

I was chatting with a local tri retailer a few months back and he was talking about the next big trend in 2008 being gear/clothing marketed to women, specifically in the Athena category. Apparently, it's becoming quite the sizable (no pun intended) demographic for triathlon.

The Outdoor Journey: latest article - Profile of SlowTwitcher: Dr. Jodi Thomson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a small suggestion: could you re-arrange all the forum buttons to all go in this order?

tri forum - - womens - - lavender - - classifieds

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived with 5 womens during University and I can tell you, that household was anything but a kinder gentler place. ;)
Especially for 1 week out of the month. I moved into my girlfriends for that week. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan, can we have a polite person's forum please? Pretty please?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let the fracturing of Slowtwichia begin. Can hyphenated Slowtwitchians be far behind?
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to mention how messy some undergrad girls are...

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

WELCOME TO THE WOMENS FORUM

Welcome –verb (used with object) 1. To greet the arrival of (a person, guests, etc.) with pleasure or kindly courtesy. 2. To receive or accept with pleasure; regard as pleasant or good; to welcome a change.

This forum was set up for women to discuss topics related to the sport of triathlon. Everyone, men included, is welcome to post a related topic or respond to any topic, however, posts that are not welcoming or supportive will be removed by forum moderators and you may be banned from posting in the future. Respectful debate and discussion to increase knowledge is the key to a great conversation.

Supportive—adjective 1. Giving support. 2. Providing sympathy or encouragement 3. Providing additional help, information, etc. 4. Medical. Helping to maintain a normal physiological balance.

WHY WOMEN WANT THEIR OWN FORUM: there will be no justifications on this topic now or in the future. The purpose of this forum is not to argue about or to defend women's issues and participants will not be required to defend themselves or their right to a place to discuss topics related to women.

IS IT OK TO FLIRT WITH FABULOUS WOMEN POSTING ON THIS FORUM? If you like women, then we like you too. If you are a misogynist, then you will get banned. In other words, it's fine to flirt but don't try getting aggressive or rude. This isn't a singles bar and we aren't drunk.

The sport of triathlon attracts many athletic, intelligent, charming, and successful women. Welcome to the party. We're here to celebrate.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... and we aren't drunk.

Hah! Tell that to Andy!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry but I don't like this idea. Don't know how it will turn out but here's why I don't like it:

Classified is for...well classified
Lavender room is for off topic
Womens is for the same subject as the main forum except that it might be more gentle!!!

The way I see this is that the topics that interest me will now be on two forum instead of one which frankly is just a pain in the...

Some comments are sometime stupid but I still really don't see the point, it's part of any forum.

Just my two cents

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the "new, kinder, gentler Slowtwitch" have a 10/100? ;)

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be drunk but I ain't single... ppffttthhh

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to admit, in all honesty, my first reaction to seeing this was "why"? I agree with the earlier poster who said it is just another section to navigate through. Are we going to have an over 30 section, singles section, duathlon only section, etc.?

Just seems like a bad idea. I know, I know.... just don't go to that section. And the thing is, I probably won't think of it which is a shame because there may be some good discussions there.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan, can we have a polite person's forum please? Pretty please?

J, you'd get very lonely there.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You say that like Julian is the only polite person on the forum. My feeling is hurt..all one of them;-)
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [waytooslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Are we going to have an over 30 section, singles section, duathlon only section, etc.?"

when a
series of races catering to over-30, singles, or duathlon contains half the world's largest participation triathlons, then we might consider it. until then, no, we won't do that. for some reason, women respond to women's only triathlons and footraces. some of these women asked for a women's-specific forum. i can't begin to tell you how disappointed i am every time somebody says to me that he or she is a slowtwitch lurker, but is petrified to post because of the acidic tongues that greet those who don't respond in a respectful manner.

maybe this is the forum that draws these people out and allows them to join a tri-specific community with both smart and respectful people: women first, and maybe some men as well. i think it's appropriate to let people know that slowtwitch can be a safe community, but maybe not all the forums are completely safe. i'm hoping this one is completely safe. either way, it's the women's forum, and they will moderate it and turn it into the forum they want. maybe it becomes big, maybe it never grows beyond the 20 or 30 who've asked for it. we'll see.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My feeling is hurt..all one of them;-)

I'd ask what that one feeling is, but I'm afraid the answer would not be polite.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
touche indeed...well done
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure sure...but let me tell you...one week a month I would avoid that place.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply

Prev Next