Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"The Program" trailer (Lance movie)
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMTPvXtvkZU

Although everyone pretty much knows the story at this point, might still be worth a watch.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Program" trailer (Lance movie) [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck, I watched him through all the tours, read his books, and the books others wrote about him, watched all the interviews, I'll watch this also. It's like that accident that you can't turn away from.

Any truth to the rumors he's dating Catlin Jenner?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worth a watch? Dustin Hoffman, Ben Foster and Chris O'Dowd? You bet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody got a release date?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: "The Program" trailer (Lance movie) [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Anybody got a release date?

No release date as of yet.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: "The Program" trailer (Lance movie) [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:

Any truth to the rumors he's dating Catlin Jenner?

LOL... yeah I'll be watching too. That devil got me into cycling so why not watch a movie about his rise and fall from grace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the movie have Lance's input/backing, and will he be making any money from it?
Quote Reply
Re: "The Program" trailer (Lance movie) [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott_B wrote:
Does the movie have Lance's input/backing, and will he be making any money from it?

No idea... I'd wondered the same thing though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be a Netflicks view for me.

Empires were built and fortunes were made.

Love or hate him it is a fascinating story.

More interesting films for anyone who hasn't seen it regarding PED in sport is BIGGER STRONGER FASTER

You can watch the whole movie in several parts on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAFkrZxUWSg

The sad takeaway for me is that "cheating" and "illegal" drugs in pro sport is inseparable.

Watch the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary 9.79 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GrhLmxkdyw The difference between Carl Lewis and Ben Johnson is that Lewis had a better doping program and a smart legal team, Ben Johnson and the other Canadians had an glorified vet doping them and no big powerhouse Olympic committee to keep the dogs away.

I am sad to say that I doubt there are any great top tier athletes today (or within recent times) that are "clean"

Lance cheated BUT that is not why I feel that he is a "bad guy"

IMHO how he viciously went after people who told the truth about him and sued regular people into oblivion is what makes him an unforgivable dick.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Program" trailer (Lance movie) [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything to do with Lance is worth watching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott_B wrote:

It is based on David Walsh's book.

It will paint Walsh as a crusading, Woodward and Bernstein-like journalist who brought Lance down. Unfortunately there probably won't be a sequel that shows the same journalist now acting as the propaganda master and chief defender of Team Sky, using the very same arguments that LA used to deny his own doping. The reality would be a lot more interesting than the self serving truth that is likely to be served up in this movie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott_B wrote:

August/September release ---- unless people are raving about it from screenings and then they might push to Oscar season but I highly doubt this is that good. This is going to be on par with SOCIAL NETWORK... an amazing movie but not award winning.

No, Lance isn't involved. Once you see the movie, you'll understand how funny that question is (but as the guy says above - it makes Walsh look like a saint).

I'm doing everything I can to not read the script... but based on the trailer, it looks like they might be taking some liberties on a lot of stuff (just like SOCIAL NETWORK). "Based on a true story" is quite possibly the biggest load of horse shit in this town.
Last edited by: BrentwoodTriGuy: Jun 12, 15 11:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMTPvXtvkZU

Although everyone pretty much knows the story at this point, might still be worth a watch.

Ya, def looks worth watching but it would be more so if they had gotten Cheryl Crowe, the Olsen twins, and several more of Lance's GFs in the movie. The trailer looks kind of disappointing from this angle, espec given Lance's known preference for blond hotties:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply