Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Start From" box on the CT
Quote | Reply
Okay, this is silly. When I try to enter a number in the "Start From" Box on the CT load screen, nothing happens. I can enter whatever I want, but when I start the course I'm always starting at the beginning. I've tried it loading the course first and then entering the distance, and the other way around. What am I missing here?

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: "Start From" box on the CT [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Okay, this is silly. When I try to enter a number in the "Start From" Box on the CT load screen, nothing happens. I can enter whatever I want, but when I start the course I'm always starting at the beginning. I've tried it loading the course first and then entering the distance, and the other way around. What am I missing here?

-Colin

It's in the manual of course but ... to start from that a selected point along a route you need to hit Start (F1 button) again whilst the 3 .. 2 .. 1 countdown is in progress. That will miraculously transport you to the desired starting point and away you go.
Quote Reply
Re: "Start From" box on the CT [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you enter the location in miles? Start from mile 20 = entering 20?
Quote Reply
Re: "Start From" box on the CT [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Do you enter the location in miles? Start from mile 20 = entering 20?

If you're using Imperial units, it's in miles; metric it's in km. But always distance in the primary units (not feet, meters ... ). You can plug in a decimal there too IIRC (e.g. 20.1 miles).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks. I will try that today. I appreciate the insight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, very nice. Thanks.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: "Start From" box on the CT [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Many thanks. I will try that today. I appreciate the insight.

It worked! I used it today to start 20 miles into an IM course to get some good hills. Thanks again for the tip, I am most appreciative!
Quote Reply