Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Shortie" clip on's?
Quote | Reply
Okay so I have been out of the sport for a long time and we had maybe 5 options back in the 'old days'. Yes everything was in black and white back then, no color at all;)

I have seen several of these options that are shorter in reach and appear perfect for someone like me who doesn't ride steep geometry, but rather a 73* with the saddle set back.

Anyone here ride in a position similar or use these? What I would have done to have a set of these back in the day. I had a pair of the old Mavic's which gave full adjustability on arm rest to a position actually behind the top of the bar almost at the stem bolt! Dunno if these are even made now, they are probably on a wall in a cycling museum of 'what were we thinking';)
Quote Reply
Re: "Shortie" clip on's? [tampafw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can accomplish this with the Profile T2 series (moving the arm rest way back) and just cut off the ends of the extension to be shorter.

Quote | Reply
I've experimented with several shorty bars on a road bike including Profile Jammer GT's, T2's, syntace. I like the Oval A710 Classic the best.
Quote Reply
Re: "Shortie" clip on's? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thanks guys. I am currently searching for one of the old Trek TTX's with the more roadie geometry and that is what these will go on eventually.....going to be a lonnnnng slowwwww process methinks, but enjoyable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are a taller guy, this is a great deal on a slack bike...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ime%20trial;#2410862

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use profile design t2 draft legal aerobars. They work very well for me on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: "Shortie" clip on's? [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you are a taller guy, this is a great deal on a slack bike...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ime%20trial;#2410862

Brad

Uggggh, exactly what I want, but alas I'm 5'10" barefoot. A 56cm top tube rests me on my STI levers like a dream on about 100-110 stem.....I would have to lay down on that thing just to find the brakes with a 70mm stem:( That bike makes me drool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cinelli Spinaci or ttt Tiramisu, as an alternative. They work best with a slacker seat angle in my experience.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply