Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Short" tire recommendations
Quote | Reply
Currently running 23mm GP4000s on FLO wheels for my Giant Trinity Composite. Everything is awesome, but every now and then I get a little bit of wheel rub against the frame of the bike. I heard that GP4000s are a "tall" tire, are there any "shorter" tires that are within the same performance ballpark as the Conti's? Would a 20mm GP4000s work? Planning on using them as everyday as well as race tires.
Quote Reply
Re: "Short" tire recommendations [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:
Currently running 23mm GP4000s on FLO wheels for my Giant Trinity Composite. Everything is awesome, but every now and then I get a little bit of wheel rub against the frame of the bike. I heard that GP4000s are a "tall" tire, are there any "shorter" tires that are within the same performance ballpark as the Conti's? Would a 20mm GP4000s work? Planning on using them as everyday as well as race tires.

I'm assuming it's rubbing on the seat tube? If so, do you have horizontal drop screws that you can adjust to give yourself a little more room? Also... if you are getting rub on the seat tube, why is it only happening every now and then? Debris stuck to the tire?

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
23 on Flo runs at a real 24.8 or lets say 25..

Running a 22 conti attack may give you the clearance you are after and will still be a real 23 plus..
Quote Reply
Re: "Short" tire recommendations [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found that 23C Zipp Tangente Speed tires measured close to 23c on wide rims and had much less height that the contis. Good tires too.
Quote Reply
Re: "Short" tire recommendations [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any issues running the Attack on the rear wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: "Short" tire recommendations [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the puncture resistance? Are the Tangente Course tires comparable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm issues;

1./ Not if you ride backwards

2./ Not if you don't tell it.. (they are dim like that)

3./ Not if you put the rotation direction on back to front... (confuses them)

4./ Yes you'll have more clearance than the bigger tyre (and rides always look better slammed innit)

5./ yes you will have higher rolling resistance for a given pressure (cos that will rob us of all race wins.. )

6./ Yes you'll have a higher chance of an impact puncture for the same pressure.. (and chnaging the pressure based on the size of tyre and conditions is beyond us all)

So in summary no..

Bicycle tyres (road) are not directional, manufacturers only put it on the tyre to stop consumers wondering which way to mount them..
If makes no difference whatsoever.. and that's as per the statement released by Continental..

Hope that was super helpful ;)
Quote Reply