Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Position
Quote | Reply
Around a year ago, I started riding with a lower seat position and found that I could apply a lot more power with the quads and glutes. While this position is great for TT purposes, my first 3 miles running have been quite slow this year as I "decompress" my body from the "squatting position". Overall, though, the bike-run seems to be faster. I am not quite sure if this would be a great position for Olympic tri, but for half and full Ironman, it is pretty good.

Here are the Vino pics from the Vuelta TT that he won yesterday:

Front View

Side View

Last edited by: devashish paul: Sep 17, 06 17:05
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's called CORRECT saddle height. Period.
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the brief hijack, but isn't that the new Felt DA he's riding? Looks eerily similar.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look low to me. Note that his heel is up a bit...

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not low at all. That height is perfect for ITT's, TTT's, sprints, Olypmics, HIM's and IM's.... I don't know what kind of crazy ass saddle height you had before...but I suggest you keep on copying Vino's "low saddle height"..:-)
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rear brake on the new Felt DA is down near the bottom bracket, this bike has the standard placement.
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's called CORRECT saddle height. Period.

Yup... his seat isn't low. It looks darn near textbook.

Although that is one seriously BFH.
Last edited by: Ashburn: Sep 17, 06 10:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Exactly. Ankle flexion is NOT what determines proper seat height. So the fact that his heel is up a bit as he is starting the back half of his pedal stroke means nothing. That is pretty much a textbook perfect position.

That is the new BH time trial bike. It's quite similar to the previous model, which has been around for a lot longer than the new Felt.

PS: I LOVE your posts almost as much as some people love 'otel room...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Last edited by: Rappstar: Sep 17, 06 11:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would wager to bet that if you stuck with one seat height you would be better off. Why would anyone ride a different seat height for a different event?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"That's called CORRECT saddle height. Period."

Amen!

As usual people seem to want to over-analyse this.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev:

This guy has to work on his aero position. He is pushing way too much air. Loose the spacers and get invisible to the wind.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I read that Tom Boonan rides a little lower than normal as his seatpost was set low or sliped once and he liked the position as it felt powerfull so kept it - maybe it works better with the long cranks he uses?

Where Vino is sitting high/low or just right he looks very powerful!
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [RICKYBOBBY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not changing my saddle height, nor do I change it for different events :-).
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He is pushing way too much air."

And you know this how?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [Jon Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jon Boy...he's kidding...inside joke...but if you saw Konaexpress' position, it does make Vino look like a sail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry but the Slowtwtich Wind Tunnel always gets me going.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you guys are saying that this is textbook, but there are lots of guys riding much "higher" like Lance did, Basso, Kloden with more leg extension. Which textbook should we be looking at? Personally I like lower...it is also easier to control the bike on technical courses, and seems easier on the body on really bumpy courses (ex St. Croix...)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, not really similar. The new DA is much much narrower The rear brake is hidden inside the seat tube, the cables are all internal and tucked behind the stem, the post is not integrated to facilitate a more travel friendly, test ride friendly and non-UCI governed width and aspect ratio, the fork fits in front of the head tube, not within it, there is no downtube bottle mount, and there is no seat stay yoke, the stays run contiuously from teh dropout into the seat tube w/o a bridge or interuption.

The BH is pretty however as is the DA, so in that way they are the same.

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I know you guys are saying that this is textbook, but there are lots of guys riding much "higher" like Lance did, Basso, Kloden with more leg extension."

No Dev, not really.
Quote Reply
Re: "Seat's Too Low": Vino's Low and compact TT Postion [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new Felt DA would be a totally cool bike if they made a proper looking post for it. The the un-used slot on it looks stupid. Why not make it reversable, or it it directional make 2 posts available? That should be do-able since there are multiple stems available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, he looks fast. I think black is the only color of shorts that should ever be worn. Those yellow shorts are just not right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jon Boy...he's kidding...inside joke...but if you saw Konaexpress' position, it does make Vino look like a sail.

Konaexpress even in his smaller then ever tri size is much biger then Vino.
His arms are biger then Vino's legs
he got more to sail with

dirt/thom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I helped him set that position up. He liked my position that I posted lately that he called me up and asked for help. He wanted to be set up just like me, but I had to make modifcations since he is as low as his bike allows with out the use of a hacksaw. ;-)

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_string;#960441

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He could probably raise it a bit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you mean "not really" that many guys, or "not really" that much extension, "or not really" Lance, Basso, Kloden?
Quote Reply

Prev Next