Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Running Sticks" ???
Quote | Reply
I've heard these mentioned a few times this year. One time at Tongyeong (i think) where Peter Robertson dropped his 'running sticks' in the beginning of the run, and then something again at the World Championships where they said 'you don't use running sticks anymore' or something along those lines.

What are they?

A picture for reference (i'm not sure if these are the same things that Robbo was talking about):

http://www.energy2go.com/.../Terrenzo_large1.jpg
Last edited by: freestyle: Jan 3, 04 8:09
Quote Reply
Re: "Running Sticks" ??? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't it a way to keep track of laps? Nowadays races use either the ankle-strap chips or elastic wrist bands.
Quote Reply
Re: "Running Sticks" ??? [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no. I think Robbo was using them to keep his upper body relaxed or something like this. I can't remember the details but I heard him say something like this when I lived in Oz, after he won a F1 grand prix race.
Quote Reply
Re: "Running Sticks" ??? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what are they? Any link to where I can buy/see what they are?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can probably buy them at home depot or Lowes

:-)

get a piece of wood, cut it and there you go. probably 99c for a pair...although if many want to buy them, I am sure some "new" triathlon company will sell them for "only" $45.99

:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they help you keep your upperbody relaxed and hands/arms in good position. i use those plastic tubes of mini m&ms you can get at any grocery store. robbo used something a little different i think but the idea is the same.

brent
Quote Reply