Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Ruined" Landis eyes retirement.
Quote | Reply
From the BBC sport site this very carefully neutrally worded report:

'Ruined' Landis eyes retirement Landis's motion to have the case dismissed was rejected by the US Anti-Doping AgencyDisgraced Tour de France winner Floyd Landis has admitted that his cycling career may be over after his positive dope test in this year's Tour.
Landis is facing at least a two-year ban after testing positive for testosterone having won stage 17.
Landis said: "There's a minute chance of me racing again in 2007. Even if I'm not suspended, who'll want to sign me?
"If they suspend me for two or four years, it's over. As things stand, I don't see myself as a bike racer."
Landis - whose father-in-law committed suicide shortly after the news of his positive test became public - told Belgium newspapers Het Laatste Nieuws and Het Gazet van Antwerpen: ""Even if I'm proved innocent, my reputation is ruined.
"This whole affair has ruined my life.
"My father-in-law committed suicide. There must be a link to what happened. He was my best friend and my biggest supporter."
"Accused of stupidity"
Landis has claimed that his positive test was the result of inconsistencies by the French laboratory which analysed his samples.
He said: "I've never taken testosterone, I would have been stupid to because you just can't get away with it (in doping tests).
"What it comes down to is that I'm being accused of stupidity more than doping."
If found guilty, Landis would be the first rider in the modern era to be stripped of the Tour's yellow jersey.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: JulianInEngland: Dec 18, 06 14:14
Quote Reply
Re: "Ruined" Landis eyes retirement. [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cycling news has a comment -it seems Landis still wants to fight, but if he loses will retire

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/dec06/dec19news

Pat
Quote Reply
Re: "Ruined" Landis eyes retirement. [Tri-illini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure if he doped but it does not looks good for him. There are several lessons to be learned from this case. If he doped he deserves to be banned for life. Sad case.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply