Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Herbert for the amazing story on the front page:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...esh_Durbal_1771.html

This story made my day. For those who have not read, have a look!

When I first met him before the race, he was standing around in jeans and I had no clue that he was lacking normal limbs until I saw him out on the run course with the prosthetics.
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an amazing story. Talk about a guy with no limits...

Andrew

C'mon legs run faster!
Being fast on a crappy bike is cool
Fueled by Guinness, Tuborg, Anchor Steam and Creemore Springs
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool story. If I was to switch places, I would get a top that said "You got Amp'd!" on the back.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [slammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and 1:17 swim in Kona with one good limb....sheesh, this guy is the real deal. How many people did he "amp" to T1. I'm just honoured to have met him before the race and shook his hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is probably the most inspiring thing I have ever read on Slowtwitch, or perhaps even beyond.

Thanks Herbert for that story.

Rajesh: "Hat Tip" You Are The Man.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rajesh and I spoke several times back and forth during the marathon. Great attitude, incredible performance, legend inspiration. My wife commented,"The triple amputee beat you." I replied "Then I got beat by a champion." Still feel that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man,you have to feel for Jason Lester,talk about one-upmanship.

Don't worry I know them both,great guys,very inspirational.Just my sick Aussie sense of humour.

Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [weekss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still can't get over his 1:17 swim. That's just badass....wait it gets better....Rajesh negative split the marathon...check it out....his last run split was his fastest (I realize you get the downhill on Palani, but as he said, that's one of the hardest things for him to do):

TOTAL SWIM 2.4 mi. (1:17:54) 2:03/100m 1268 144
BIKE SPLIT 1 5.5 mi. (19:11) 17.20 mph BIKE SPLIT 2 28 mi. (1:22:50) 16.30 mph BIKE SPLIT 3 59 mi. (2:06:09) 14.74 mph BIKE SPLIT 4 88 mi. (1:46:32) 16.33 mph FINAL BIKE SPLIT 112 mi. (1:32:57) 15.49 mph TOTAL BIKE 112 mi. (7:07:39) 15.71 mph 1642 155
RUN SPLIT 1 5 mi. (1:00:48) 12:09/mile RUN SPLIT 2 10.2 mi. (1:04:10) 12:20/mile RUN SPLIT 3 17.2 mi. (1:45:27) 15:03/mile FINAL RUN SPLIT 26.2 mi. (1:45:53) 11:45/mile TOTAL RUN 26.2 mi. (5:36:18) 12:50/mile 1639 154 TRANSITION TIME T1: SWIM-TO-BIKE 7:52 T2: BIKE-TO-RUN 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this look like the happiest man in the South Pacific on Oct 9th

http://www.asiorders.com/...ID=60391&BIB=172

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 28, 10 17:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I post the report from Herbert on my facebook a week ago and a lot of peoples are amazed about this guy...they are right, he's a hell of a BAMF!

Swimming with 1.25 arm, biking and running w/o calf, damn, how he's doing it???

He also smile...!

hat off!

Jf
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [bushpilot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, its freaky to see the younger tougher taller "twin"...I can't believe we're almost wearing the same clothing too!

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 28, 10 17:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I said in the interview, when I first noticed him I realized that my little problems are nothing.

He has a great attitude too and truly the best smile, but as he told me, it wasn't always like that. He overcame quite a bit, including himself.

But yes - he's the man.
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing. I guess the old "what's your excuse" really applies

Use my name, randydial, in the promo/VIP code for 40% off @ http://www.e-rudy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great write-up and awesome to see Rajesh on the front page.

My wife and I got to spend some time with Rajesh and his family on Oahu, and he's a great guy.

And yeah, I'm humbled by the swim time too. I just managed a 1:34 in a stand-alone 2.4 mile swim. Definitely no excuses here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Outstanding guy who's heart is in the right place. I've been enjoying following his road to Kona on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=501674974
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does this look like the happiest man in the South Pacific on Oct 9th

http://www.asiorders.com/...ID=60391&BIB=172

Just wait until he rocks Ultraman Dev,then you will HAVE to do it!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one of the best things ever on ST. Dude is amazing and the epitomy of HTFU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a spectator it was truly amazing moment watching Rajesh race and finish the race, along with a few other amputees I saw. It is inspiring seeing them. Here a couple pics I took at the race.

"Sometimes you got to learn to hurt"
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [Tri Poseur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
one of the best things ever on ST. Dude is amazing and the epitomy of HTFU.

x2!

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [tribritre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His first triathlon was 2009!

Here's a guy who's truly living life to the fullest. He pretty much continues to conquer all the obstacles that come his way...a true inspiration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing.

I truly wonder how one can control the bike (with deep rims!) or go into a mass start in the ocean as a triple amputee. I think I would never have the courage to do that. I just try to imagine how a downhill with a cross wind should feel with one arm... Or what happens when someone swims over you in that ocean. Fighting your way back up with one arm!

Does he swim with prosthetics or something else that makes him more stable in the water?
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [big slow mover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does he swim with prosthetics or something else that makes him more stable in the water?

Same thing I was thinking, so I asked. Nope, he just swims with what he's got.
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have seen swim pics of his and he just swims as is.

To me that swim time blew my mind.
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock on"...Triple Amputee Kona Finisher Rajesh Durbal [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Besides being BAMF, Raj is one of the nicest guys I have had the honor of meeting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert....you're kidding me....he did that swim with one "conventional arm" and the rest with what he has. He did not use any prosthetic devices in the swim? WOW! I'm sending Rajesh's picture to the kids I coach for XC skiing before our training session on Sunday. I better not hear any whining about me "running them too hard"
Quote Reply

Prev Next