Prev Next
"Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [frangible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"HERE TO STAY"

Quote | Reply

We can only hope. I think RR is what's wrong with cycling.

I love France. I just hate Toulouse. I'd really hate to lose le Trek.
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [CapeRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm kinda out of the loop when it comes to pro cycling, so go easy on me.
What exactly is so bad about Rock Racing?
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [Occam's Razor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm kinda out of the loop when it comes to pro cycling, so go easy on me.
What exactly is so bad about Rock Racing?
They're "modern and hip". Think anti-establishment, and you'll pretty much have it. Cycling is like a country club, the untermenschen need not apply.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rumor is now on velonews... I hear the Kits are on-sale for X-mas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
- What exactly is so bad about Rock Racing?

They are (were?) the Terrell Owens of bike racing - lots of flash, lots of mouth, and occasional blasts of brilliance. Is Owens good for football? Don't think so. Is Rock good for bike racing? It was good for crowds at TofC, but people also watch Dancing with the Stars, and Professional Wrestling, so it's hard to say "crowds" equal "good".

"Nevermind the blood. Hows my bike?..."
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [Biff Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noooooooooo.......

Say it ain't so! I loved Rock Racing. They were awesome, and had the best outfits and team cars in the peloton.

That sucks. I blame it on that Ball fella. He's an a-hole, regardless.
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like my kind of team!
Well, that's too bad, they definitely had the best designed race kits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

To bad- too many pro and other teams folding
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the racing kit is cheaper then the jeans, and probably looks better. Never seen the jeans but the article says $280 for a pair of jeans. really? you have to be f*cking me, who would pay that for a pair of jeans?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have - they're awesome jeans! So cool and comfy :)
Come on dd,, we spend 5g + on bikes, + wheels, wetsuits, entry fees, etc etc etc... We should be a least be a _little_ concerned about our appearance & style outside of the tri scene (or at least i am!)
At the very least we should have a nice pair of jeans, a non-timex watch and a pair of shoes that aren't wore out New Balances.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you have to be f*cking me, who would pay that for a pair of jeans?

Evidently, not enough people in this economy. The silver lining ... people are coming to their senses about the real value of things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah that's a bit steep be Samantha McGlone lists them as one of her ideal splurge gifts....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a 30-31 for the waist and 32 for the length. I'll give you $50 for them if they are in good condition, new or used. Thats above my self imposed limit for jeans, which in just this case I'll break once and only for you.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know nothing about the "jeans". But I'll agree that you have to look good outside triathlon. I went to my daughters wedding in VA this past July and figured I'd buy a pair of dress pants when I arrived in Charlottesville. So I needed to "look good" for the wedding, I go into this "mens store" and get a pair of really nice pants. He says I can pick them up the next day after they hem them. He then says he'll give me a 10% discount. I figure awesome, now its going to be cheap...........NOT...............with the discount he says ............."that'll be $310"...... Holy shit......for 1 pair of pants? Then I find out they are designer Italian silk : ) I've never paid more then $50 for any pair of pants in my life. I pay more for a cycling jersey then a suit.

We spend TONS on cycling gear, so my wife figures the $310 is a deal!!! Damn cheap compared to an $8,000 bike!

Now I just need to find one of the Rock Racing kits!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sick, isn't it? But sadly I know too many people who wouldn't even hesitate to spend that much money on a pair of jeans. I know for sure my sister would, if my parents would let her.
Me, I'm not happy with a pair of jeans unless they're under $45!

At least the racing kit is gonna be cheaper, maybe now I'll buy one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is true (and it makes sense in light of many recent events), the entertainment value of domestic road racing just took a major hit.

Love 'em or hate 'em, RR put on a good show - AND won lotsa races. Too bad the management of the team, the company, and the economy couldn't keep up.

Cyclist turned multisport enthusiast. Human performance technologist and digital health expert in my day job.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/karletzel/
https://www.strava.com/athletes/karletzel
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I pay more for a cycling jersey then a suit
In Reply To:

You should upgrade your suits then ;-)
But the RR kit is the best in all of cycling imo.

btw I'll pm you in a few days with some info.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no! Who will employ all the unwanted dopers and operation puerto undesirables now?

Vanity Blog http://triathlonfoolishness.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [RobK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait! There's Hope! Velonews just updated:

However, Rock Racing released the following short statement Monday night: "Rock Racing will continue to race in 2009. Tyler Hamilton, Rahsaan Bahati and Justin Williams will defend their U.S. national titles. More important information about the team's plans will follow."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian,

I'm realy looking forward to it!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they'll make your a$$ look good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course the $250 jean buyers think cyclists are crazy for spending, well, more than $250 on a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [RobK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh no! Who will employ all the unwanted dopers and operation puerto undesirables now?
Thanks for that. The problem with RR is that I think they're still doping. No way Hamilton wins a national title without the drugs. No way. He's still in denial about his "vanishing twin". Give us a break Tyler. We trusted you and you fu**ed up. Be a man and take your lumps instead of denying your drug use. If the two positives at the Vuelta (A and B samples) weren't enough, don't you think your name all over OP documents was enough? C'mon, the Spanish police have your name all over Dr. Fuentes' records for a detailed doping regimen, and a receipt paid by "Haven Parchinski". Code name, just like Ivan Basso was "Brillo" (Basso's dog), etc.

I'm okay with dopers serving their bans, but there has to be some remorse and admission of guilt. Hamilton has none.

What's more, RR has been filled with other ex-dopers who may still be doping. They also play dirty in crits. They also have an overpriced butt-ugly kit that is offensive to children. If Ball was really serious about building a fan base for cycling in the U.S., he'd be building it from the ground up and doing something for youth cycling development, like we saw with soccer decades ago. Now soccer holds a higher standing in the U.S., thankfully. Ball is interested in his bottom line. If he bails now he confirms what I've always believed: he's in it for himself.

I love France. I just hate Toulouse. I'd really hate to lose le Trek.
Quote Reply

Prev Next