Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Peak Power Phase" metric from PowerTap or Assiomo Pedals?
Quote | Reply
Hello All:
Garmin Edge head units, when used with Vector pedals, provide a metric called "Peak Power Phase".
Do any of you happen to know if the head unit will report that metric with either PowerTap or Assiomo pedals?
Thanks,
Jim
Quote Reply
Re: "Peak Power Phase" metric from PowerTap or Assiomo Pedals? [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Hello All:
Garmin Edge head units, when used with Vector pedals, provide a metric called "Peak Power Phase".
Do any of you happen to know if the head unit will report that metric with either PowerTap or Assiomo pedals?
Thanks,
Jim

I have an Edge 530 and the Assiomo pedals. Here is what is being reported on Garmin Connect. I don't look at that information during a race so I have no idea if it's displayed dynamically.
Quote Reply
Re: "Peak Power Phase" metric from PowerTap or Assiomo Pedals? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, thanks very much!

HandHeartCrown wrote:
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Hello All:
Thanks,
Jim

I have an Edge 530 and the Assiomo pedals. Here is what is being reported on Garmin Connect. I don't look at that information during a race so I have no idea if it's displayed dynamically.
Quote Reply
Re: "Peak Power Phase" metric from PowerTap or Assiomo Pedals? [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, this is part of the Cycling Dynamics (ANT+ variant as well as pre-open standard Garmin Vector variant). These days Favero Assioma supports it, but not the PowerTap pedals (and who knows what Quarq's plans are there, though Jim at Quarq is usually all about ANT+ standards, so I've gotta believe in a P3 pedal or whatever it'll be supported).

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Peak Power Phase" metric from PowerTap or Assiomo Pedals? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ray!

dcrainmaker wrote:
Yup, this is part of the Cycling Dynamics (ANT+ variant as well as pre-open standard Garmin Vector variant). These days Favero Assioma supports it, but not the PowerTap pedals (and who knows what Quarq's plans are there, though Jim at Quarq is usually all about ANT+ standards, so I've gotta believe in a P3 pedal or whatever it'll be supported).
Quote Reply
Re: "Peak Power Phase" metric from PowerTap or Assiomo Pedals? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Hello All:
Thanks,
Jim

Interesting

Your power phase and peak phase end later than mine. But start later so end up the same # of degrees

Where you sitting or aero? I was sitting the entire time
Quote Reply