Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Macgyvered" set ups [Rede112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just "Macgrubered" this to fit between my HED aerobars... far too wide for just zip ties

Because Pirates Tri Harder - MTXE
http://www.scurvydogstriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Macgyvered" set ups [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, that is them, minus the shifters...

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
I lost a pivot bolt on my HED Corsair brake levers. While they ship me a new one, I'm getting by with a small section of 4mm cable housing that fits through the hole, then it's wrapped with some electrical tape cut to half normal width. Works as well as the original bolt.
Quote Reply
Re: "Macgyvered" set ups [Davelamite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just "Macgrubered" this to fit between my HED aerobars... far too wide for just zip ties

Davey-

Where'd you get the carbon sheet from?

Coach TJ Tryon - Open Water Swim Clinics | Facebook | @tjtryon

Ask me about: T3 Multisport | Gu Energy | Torhans | Xterra Wetsuits (discount code) | Karbon Speed - discount code: COACHTJ | Uvex Helmets
Quote Reply
Re: "Macgyvered" set ups [tjtryon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Wolfgang Menn.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Last edited by: Barchettaman: May 18, 10 10:12
Quote Reply
Re: "Macgyvered" set ups [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I lost a pivot bolt on my HED Corsair brake levers. While they ship me a new one, I'm getting by with a small section of 4mm cable housing that fits through the hole, then it's wrapped with some electrical tape cut to half normal width. Works as well as the original bolt.

sounds dangerous. Cant you just get a small metric bolt from Ace Hardware?

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's a nice trick to know seeing how my left pivot bolt feels like its just a matter of time for its GONE....

TJ- Got it from one of the kids I used to coach in wrestling who works at the Aviation Composites Lab up at Purdue. He's made some pretty wild stuff up there.

Because Pirates Tri Harder - MTXE
http://www.scurvydogstriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Macgyvered" set ups [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really can't see how it's dangerous at all (but I've seen it and you haven't). Even without the bolt the cable tension and springs in the brake calipers won't allow the lever to just fall out. I live in a remote, rural area. Ace Hardware is quite a long drive. Hed will have a replacement here by Wednesday.
Last edited by: psycholist: May 18, 10 10:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet the UPS guy really hates driving out to the boonies every 2 months to take you a new bike.

Chris
Quote Reply

Prev Next