Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess)
Quote | Reply
Gilberto Simoni's take on what went down:

http://www.bicycling.com/tourdefrance/experts/columns/0,3489,s1-9761,00.html

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he should spend more time on the road and less in his lawyers office and play Lance like a mouse. If lance is a big mean bully then it;s time to man up and stop being a bitch. A bully is easily taken down.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SIMONI

SIMEONI

2 different guys...

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are both crying right? If you are being bullied than stand up and stop it. I have had with pro cycling. The fans, traditions and riders. If I want a soap opera I'd watch wrestling.

Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I think Simoni has been fairly gracious. He has gone from last year's "I am going to kick LA's ass in the mountains..." to this year's "LA is on a different plane, and I see no reason to race the tour when he is riding it - it's no fun. I want to go home and play with my daughter."

Honesty - quite a surprise.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok I confused names but my point reamins the same.

Playing with your kids is fun though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, I am not sure I want you anywhere near my kids.
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh come on Uncle Tibbs is safe. One hour with me and your kids will learn that Texas is the greatest country...state,sorry I meant state on earth and that Cervelo is not a bike but a way of life. The cult of the Canadian bike is good for kids.

Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, I read the article and all I can think of is how self centered this guy is. People should just let him win because he needs to? It definitely doesn't add up to a lot of the complaints against Armstrong that I have been reading about for the last couple of weeks. Uh oh, I think I have just trolled.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, what a dang crybaby he is.
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand that as a Texan fellow you need to show your respect to Lance, but Simoni has crushed the field twice in the Giro...a bit of respect too, or is that only for Texans?
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am by no means a texan, but i have to echo the sentiment. Simoni has a little history of talking trash and not backing it up. Also, he seems to say in this article that Lance was out to get him as well as to reel back Simioni. Every account I've read suggests that Lance was thinking only of Simioni, not of Simoni. Not everything revolves around Gilberto Simoni, no matter how big the ego, or how succesful he's been in the past.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always use a lower case "t" in "texan" just to show them what's what.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
remember that Simoni probably talked in italian in the interview...all too often have I seen poorly translated interviews that do not reflect what was said, even more so when this is about feelings...

He talked trash once: a cover of cycling mag 2 years ago that said "I know how to beat Lance". He surely didn't, but his wins are not that far away...he won the giro in 2003...
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't it Simoni last year who said he would crush Lance in the mountains and then quite emphatically did not?

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gilberto is a badass, who has the ability to win the Giro (or in the case of '04 finish 3rd) and then come out and race a hell of a tour just months later (Top 20).

Francois is right, the whole lot of you need a lesson in respect for a man who is quite the cycling warrior, much respected by the whole of the pelaton as well.
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [Travis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody said he couldn't pedal the hell out of a bike. We just said he sounded whiny and egomaniacal in that article. It doesn't seem like that's so disrespectful considering the venom that gets spewed towards Lance and other "warriors".

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last time I checked it's a race. You build the best team or you are the best at the sport.(for this race) The champion is the one to beat. So if you can't beat him you wine about it? Isn't the free market concept idea in America play into this somehow. If your good you do well, if your poor you hang with the rest of us and work on getting good. It's up to you or the team to win as long as your playing by the same rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does being from Texas have to do with anything. He's whinning like a pussy.
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep...what I said...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is kind of related to the other thread about the tour being sexist. It certainly is not sexist. They let Simeoni ride in it this year.

What a sally.
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [haennp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, show us what you can do...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I could get out there on the bike and ride with them, all right. It might be at a snail's pace and I might get dropped in less than 3 seconds, but I sure as hell wouldn't be whining or blubbering about anythingl.

Like I said, what a sally.
Quote Reply
Re: "Lance plays with us like mice"... (sort of a spoiler, I guess) [haennp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, you have never ever complained about anything at all...you have never bitched about your work, etc...what an awesome dude you are!
Quote Reply