Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [Tracy T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easing my way back into the pool after 6 weeks off.

300y warmup
50 stroke easy
6X (50y drill, 50y swim)
50 stroke easy
3X (25 kick, 25 right pull, 25 kick, 25 left pull)
50 stroke easy
150 cooldown

1500y total, 25 minutes and change, and I am way out of swim shape. Itd been 6+ months since I was in swim shape. I have a lot of work to do- first tri is 4 months from this saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4-200,4-200's, 4-broken 200's, 8-25's ad a 50 cool down all 200's were done on 4 minutes with the broken a 5 second rest half way :o) ran 9 miles 4 minutes before so kind of a brick right ?

Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about the fx. (((hugs)))

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
4-200,4-200's, 4-broken 200's, 8-25's ad a 50 cool down all 200's were done on 4 minutes with the broken a 5 second rest half way :o) ran 9 miles 4 minutes before so kind of a brick right ?

You might have me beat today. I ran 4 mi this AM and walked 2; PM was a 4 mi run + 1500 yd swim

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Get those papers out of the way so you can get back to what's really important... yardage!!!

See above. 1500 yardages this afternoon (and another 4 mi run) because I was tired and stressed and wanted to zone out for a bit. Now I think I am going to do errands and save the work for tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
300wp
2 x (4 x 50 drills)
2 x 1000 neg spl :40
14:24 (7:18,7:06), 14:17 (7:10,7:07)
200 ks cd
2900scy

Haven't done anything long in a while so busted a couple 1K's

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1500 yardages… nice! And followed by 4 mileages, too! Nothing like exercise to clear the head, sooth the nerves.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
800 time trial . 8:27 in scy. Was kind of pissed they stuck us in the class pool as opposed to the competition pool.

Michael J. Pelechaty
Brewer, Black Box Brewing Co.

"Yeah, I was depressed for a little while, but then I remembered how awesome I am."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I sign up to this swim for Feb? ...Is there way to enter workouts into the spreadsheet?
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [hhtdp0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hhtdp, send me a PM with your email address.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
1500 yardages… nice! And followed by 4 mileages, too! Nothing like exercise to clear the head, sooth the nerves.

2800 yardages this morning.

300 swim
300 pull
3 x 100 swim
3 x 100 pull
600 swim desc by 200
600 pull every 4th length fast
400 c/d

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No yardages for me Friday AMs - pool is closed for cleaning.
Looking to get some mileages in at lunch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do Canadians talk about running "mileage" ? Meterage works for swimming. But "kilometerage?"

I dig our new words.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last night's swim:

200 wu
2500 straight (either I swam a few extra hundreds or I was swimming verrrry slow)
4x50 cd

Sponsored by: http://www.92fifty.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [el_slice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el_slice wrote:
Last night's swim:

200 wu
2500 straight (either I swam a few extra hundreds or I was swimming verrrry slow)
4x50 cd

Maybe the pool got longer?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2000scy of swim,pull, and drills.

On a side note: My left elbow is starting to hurt when swimming. First time for this, does anyone have any experience with elbow issues? I didn't injure it so it must be some sort of overuse/wrong use issue. It hurts right at the exposed tip when the arm is bent. Suggestions welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Maybe the pool got longer?
Yeah, it went from yardages to meterages
(TC, you knew this was coming!)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shoulder still hurts....meaning more kicking crap..

100f
400sidekickers/fins
200 k w/fins
then repeat with fins off, and then repeat the whole thing again except the free.....god kicking sucks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After no swimming for the past 10 days I finally made it back in the water this morning after spending the past few days catching up on my shoveling from all the snow dumped on my driveway while I was traveling to Mexico.

SCM
400 swim
300 kick/swim
200 drill/swim
100 build

4x(2x75 1:10, 3x50 :45)

Pull
3x400 5:30 descend :10 off each. (4:50, 4:42, 4:36) I was feeling all those days out of the water here and wishing the pool was yards.

200 easy

3600 SCM

Now I have to decide if I bother signing up for New England SCY Championships. Any one else out there signed up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2,700 scy this morning. 8x25 sprints, 16x50's

10,800 yards for the week.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [swim203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull
3x400 5:30 descend :10 off each. (4:50, 4:42, 4:36) I was feeling all those days out of the water here and wishing the pool was yards. \\\[/url]

I was looking at this and thinking, not too bad for a guy claiming he is out of shape for yards, then I saw the meters!! I think you must have a Mexico taper going on here, you sure you didnt pop into the ocean for a seceret swim now and again?? Anyway nice job on the descend, even though you were "out of shape"...(-; Maybe some perspective for those of us that can read this language, what kind of swimmer were/are/age ??

I had kind of a breakthrough today, really thought that since this was my 5th day in a row hard that I would be toast. But I guess I'm finally getting in good shape as I PR'd two different swims for the year today;

5x(200/2x100/4x50) 1st two swim@ 1;30base, 2nd two pull doing one of the 100'sIM @ 1;25 base, last one same at 1;20 base- 200's-2;38/2;24/2;16/2;15/2;12/ 100's- 1;10 to 1;07/ IM's 1;15's/50's-;35/;33
8x100@ 1;30- odds IM, evens pull- free-1;10 to 1;08- IM's 1;13/1;12/1;12/1;06(new pr, in draft of guy that went 1;07, so perfect) 50 easy
100p all out for time, no draft- ;56(another pr this year and was still a bit hammered from the 100IM tt, so quite happy and suprised)
350 swim down

4300SCY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Monty,

I grew up a swimmer. Mainly a 200 breaststroker and 400 IMer. I had a enjoyable college swimming experience and was competitive in pretty much everything but backstroke. After college I just coached, got a real job and put on about 50 pounds. After a number of years I turned to masters swimming around 27. Over the next few years I got back in swimming shape and had over 20 USMS All-American swims and a number of FINA top 10 swims in SCM and LCM for the 25-29 and 30-34 age groups in breaststrokes and IMs. Once I got talked into my first triathlon but a friend who is a much much much faster swimmer than I am, I pretty much ditched masters swimming and tried to get into this more seriously. As I result I lost too much weight/muscle to swim the way I would have liked. But in the process I managed to become a better runner than I had expected after struggling through the run on that first sprint triathlon I competed in against my buddy. These days I pretty much swim the workouts solo so I just do it for sanity a few days a week before work.
Right now I'm trying to focus on running with the Boston Marathon coming up much quicker than I had anticipated.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: "Insert Month Here" Fish thread [swim203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the thoughtful reply Steve. Your friend must be some kind of swimmer to be much, much, much faster than you are. (-; I know what you mean swimming alone, up until about 8 months ago, I pretty much did the same for about 10 years. I'm so happy to be swimming in a lane with guys that are "much "faster" than me now. But now I actually appreciate the days that I get to swim alone in my own lane, so I guess both have their ups and downs. Sounds like you had some good sucess in masters, and now working your way up the triathlon ladder, good for you. Pretty much the same path I took over 30 years ago, and continue on today.

Welcome to the fishies thread, keep the workouts coming. I get a lot of great ideas here for our group, and they think I'm some workout savant. They have no idea that I steal just about everything..(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reading your last workout here.... ummm.. you're the carrot now! Way to go, that's some awesome repeats your pulling down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brief "extra" workout.

2/5:

800 w/u
4x50 on :50 (:32s)
easy 100
500 for time: 5:45 (~1:06/08/10/11/10) (snuck a peek at 75: :48 (oops))

1900scy

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply

Prev Next