Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"I can destroy you"
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has been posted before, but it was news to me as of 2 min ago. Prior to this post I more or less stayed out of these discussions, not really having a lot of knowlege re: what actually went down - but IF this is true, it certainly doesn't look good for Lance...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5539354/

---------------------------------------------------------------
Simeoni was quoted by Gazzetta as saying that while he rode with Armstrong, the Texan said, “You made a mistake to speak against Ferrari, and you made a mistake to take legal action against me. I have money and time and lots of lawyers. I can destroy you.”
----------------------------------------------------------------

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a classy guy Armstong is....saying crap like this...
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he said it... right Brian?

Has he admitted to saying it? Anyone other than Simeoni claim to have heard this?

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The quote is from Simeoni NOT Armstrong.

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think Lance would admit that he told me to "f*ck off"? Oh wait, maybe I'm lying about this...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only go by what is reported but based on what others have said about Armstrong and his actions and "ass-holeness" in the past I wouldn't be surprised if this is what was said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Simeoni was quoted by Gazzetta as saying that while he rode with Armstrong, the Texan said, “You made a mistake to speak against Ferrari, and you made a mistake to take legal action against me. I have money and time and lots of lawyers. I can destroy you.”

Yeah right...that's what he said. Like most I have heard him speak numerous times and that doesn't sound at all like the way he would say something. He is calm and cool but then talks like a 6th grade bully...I'm not buying it. You all can think whatever you want.
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course not. All I'm saying is that the only thing reported is what the guy who is making the accusation said. From my experience, the guy making the accusation isn't always the best source of the truth. And I'm SURE that Simeoni wouldn't embellish anything to say... help his pending lawsuit along? Of course not!! He's the guy who was wronged by the big bad Texan!

Puuuuhlease!

EDIT

By the way... I don't know if you're lying or not. I don't know you. For all I know, you could be the kind of person who would lie about it to seem more important. How do I know?

Steve Perkins
Last edited by: steveperx: Jul 29, 04 6:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't surprise me, either, but unless others can corroborate it, I find Sineoni's claim to be baseless and self-serving.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ivan Drago: "I can destroy you"

Rocky Balboa: "Go for it"

Did you ever realize that the Rocky series play out like "Flowers for Algernon?" Before Rocky met Apollo, he was stupid, then as Apollo helped him he got smarter, when Apollo was killed (by the aforementioned Ivan Drago) he went back to being stupid.

According to ESPN, "Rocky V" never really happened.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps, Brian286, you wouldn't mind if we all shine the spotlight on your "spotless" life. Sure, this statement, if indeed it is correctly quoted by Simeoni, is quite less than becoming of Lance. I won't argue that. But you seem to only be willing to consider negative allegations and reports in forming your opinion of Lance. Everyone has their less than stellar moments in life, you and I included. I'm sure one or two of your aquaintances have formed a low opinion of you based on a few of these moments. Does that make it "true?" I doubt it.

There is little doubt that this is a regrettable area in LA's life. But to demonize him for it by making generalizations about his entire persona is less than gratuitous. Would it be fair to generalize about Ullrich being weak-minded, immature, and lowlife based on his drug use a couple of years ago? No, it wouldn't.

95% of LA's life, as with any public persona, is boring and mundane, and just like any non-public persons. At this point we are only going to read reports on the far ends of the favorable or unfavorable spectrum of his life. These reports are hardly indicative of the whole of ANY person.
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, Drago said: "I must break you."

God. I can't believe I remember that.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really surprised this quote or incident has legs like it does. It just doesn't seem like an issue. It's obviously personal between them, but that happens in all types of situations in life. Whether or not Armstrong actually said this, who knows. I'll tell you this much, if Armstrong said something like that to ME it would give me an incredible source of motivation. I can assure you over the next year or even more I would have motivation to have the most spirited training of my life. Certainly this wouldn't mean I could suddenly crush Lance, but I'd make him suffer if it meant my death out on the bike.

And if I was Lance and Simeoni repeatedly kept attacking on the last stage? I would have told the peleton to stay back, and then bridged up to Simeoni by myself, take some turns pulling, and then just hammer him and time trial the rest of the stage by myself. I would have loved to have seen that. Lance coming into Paris 10 minutes ahead of the peleton. Do you supposed they would have let him, or would the peleton run him down?
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since when does this discussion turn on "my" life and how spotless or not spotless it is?

I'm only going by what I read and see about Armstrong, both through the press and what I see on television.

Unfortunately the spotlight is on him 24/7 as a cycling celebrity. Every action he makes is magnified 10X by virtue of his greatness. The actions he commits, good or bad, he's responsible for...just like anyone else. It cannot be argued that alot of his actions in this tour have soured his image. Unfortunately, as others have said, the old Armstrong is starting to come back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, as others have said, the old Armstrong is starting to come back.

It certainly appears that way, doesn't it?

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ivan Drago: "I can destroy you"

Rocky Balboa: "Go for it"

Did you ever realize that the Rocky series play out like "Flowers for Algernon?" Before Rocky met Apollo, he was stupid, then as Apollo helped him he got smarter, when Apollo was killed (by the aforementioned Ivan Drago) he went back to being stupid.
Dude, I TIVOed that, you just ruined it for me.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since, as you state, you only know of LA from what is printed in the media and shown on TV don't you think that there is more to his personality than what is portrayed? If you were a celebrity, would it be fair to you if I were to form my opinion of you based only on the 1% of your life that is captured by the media?

Ed

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> I'm only going by what I read and see about Armstrong, both through the press and what I see on television.

Correction Brian. You only go by the NEGATIVE things you read. You write off Armstrongs denials of doping as untrue, yet you give credit to the ones who accuse him.

It's OK if you want to take a position, but don't pass it off as being open minded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God-if-Someni-played-one-quarter-on-a-Texas-high-school-football-field-he'd-

be-in-a-coma-from-the-trash-talk-he-would-have-gotten.

Professional-cycling-sucks.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys constantly complaining about how Lance is a jerk and how he is so mean and how is a doper. It is always funny to watch people spew constant hate and negative energy towards someone. Come on guys, give up the hate and focus on something that may be almost positive. I understand that that may be hard to do, but at least try.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [fireluv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's some positive news that the haters always seem to ignore:

Lance Armstrong will be in Calgary on September 25 and 26th as the keynote speaker at a fundraiser hosted by the Calgary Tour of Courage Society. Last year’s event raised $1.4 million for cancer research, and this year the bar is even higher, and 25 lucky supporters will join Lance for a 120km ride in the Canadian Rockies.
Last year’s inaugural even was a huge success, as evidenced by the sold out $350 a plate dinner (1320 tickets were purchased, another 800 requests were turned away), and $1.4 million raised for cancer research. This year, organizers hope to attract even more donations by offering a chance to ride with Lance and George Hincapie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I can only go by what is reported but based on what others have said about Armstrong and his actions and "ass-holeness" in the past I wouldn't be surprised if this is what was said.[/reply]

Brian286,

Finally someone else agrees with you. The TDF has stripped Armstrong of his record sixth win on the say so of Simeoni. Kloden is now the winner of the 2004 TDF. The cheers are rising. Armstrong is the nobody you have always known him to be. The peleton is carrying Simonei on their shoulders. Life is good. Oh yes, one more thing. Armstrong has been discovered to have relapsed and his body is ravaged with cancer. Much worse than before. Doctors indicate he will be lucky if he survives 3 months. No hope for a cure this time.

Yeah Brian286. All is now right with the world.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Last edited by: Wants2rideFast: Jul 29, 04 10:47
Quote Reply
Re: "I can destroy you" [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but if lance CAN and will destroy simeoni (which he can), then how is what he said wrong? it's the truth! people "destroy" other people all the time. if you "destroy" somebody using lawyers, then it's done in court, which is legal. that's where you're SUPPOSED to destroy somebody. quit bitching.

"I must break you." - russian boxer in rocky movie

http://www.barefootrunning.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
God. I can't believe I remember that.

Sorry.

Seinfeld, Buckaroo Banzai and The Princess Bride are my best subjects. I'm a little weak on Rocky and Star Wars, but I am familiar with the concepts.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next