Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Houston, We Have A Problem", aka flame off
Quote | Reply
that "immaculate" c-dale ironman was the biggest hoopty i have ever seen. made me almost sick to realize that people can actually betray bicycles in the manner as that guy did. the thing was all scratched up onthe forks and the crank arms and bad, had rust on the carbon bars (how that was possible, beats me but anything is possible, i guess) along with some yellow slimy stuff all over the bars, both rings teeth were very worn about falling off, i had to literally wipe the crap off the brake assemblies and the derailuers to see the words dura ace and the frame had spots of seemingly tar all over it and the chain was pitch back and covered in gunk. the wheels were about the best thing on that bike and if he sold those alone he might could get $300. very loud hubs and precise hubs on some very dirty rims but let's the world know you are there.
i rode the thing for about five minutes in aero position as you say around downtown Houston, which btw, came as an instant success and no problems for the first time just balancing and rolling and feeling the bike in that position out, just natural and at one with the thing, but realized that the thing weighed about 200 lbs more than my current and not too mention very clean and shiny Tarmac which i proudly had with me in the bike rack in the bed of my truck as the original plan was to drop both the bikes off for tune-ups.
i asked th dumb sh!t if he would go down on the price any as i instantly saw a good almost grand going into the project to which said dumb sh!t got all snarly and snobby and said, "Not much." phuck you too then, dumbsh!t. He then asked, "How much we talkin'?"
I said and with a cringe, hoping the guy would not take it, "Seven hundred at tops." For a split second i thought i was done for and thought I would have to take the piece of crap home with me but within the next split second he grabbed the bike and said, "This thing is worth a whole lot more, I paid over three thousand dollars. I got other people looking at it." "Hey dumbsh!t", I thought to myself, "that was seven years ago." I also was thinking that the bike in the condition it was in would not be worth more than at tops $300.00 and even that price makes me cringe.

"And after all of that?", he questioned as he was departing back into his house, meaning him holding the bike for me.

"I was under the impression the bike was immaculate, sorry."

Long story short, I did not get the '03 C-Dale Ironman.

out for a run and to get some swimming goggles.

Last edited by: aka roadhouse: Apr 22, 10 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: "Houston, We Have A Problem", aka flame off [aka roadhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering what was happening but thought better not to ask. Sorry that it did not work out for you but there are a lot of bikes out there, dont give up hope. There is also a bike swap meet happening next month. I will see if I can find out the details and let you know.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap! Sorry to hear that - I know you were stoked about this bike! Maybe your fame here on the forum will pay off. Have you tried a WTB in the classifieds? I think I found a picture of that bike:

"Immaculate Condition!"

Quote Reply
Re: "Houston, We Have A Problem", aka flame off [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no worries people, it was just an old bike. but it did feel good to ride the bike when i was looking at the road and not it at it at least. not sure what i wanna do now by way of aero as i'm undecided, even calling and cancelling the fit at BWF for those Jammers which i checked out yesterday, clip ons. again, not sure and surprisingly not too worried any longer about the bike, i'm still more than satisfied with my current Tarmac, in fact i appreciate her a whole lot more now.

and I haven't in any way lost any hope, if nothing else I've gained more of it. thanks though.

Rapp, what were those goggles you recommended to someone on here a few weeks back?

Last edited by: aka roadhouse: Apr 22, 10 11:32
Quote Reply
Re: "Houston, We Have A Problem", aka flame off [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Crap! Sorry to hear that - I know you were stoked about this bike! Maybe your fame here on the forum will pay off. Have you tried a WTB in the classifieds? I think I found a picture of that bike:

"Immaculate Condition!"

That's what my winter bike looks like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

just trick out your tarmac, I bet you could get reasonably aero for less $$$ than yoou were going to spend on that bike.

Quote Reply
Re: "Houston, We Have A Problem", aka flame off [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

just trick out your tarmac, I bet you could get reasonably aero for less $$$ than yoou were going to spend on that bike.

well this morning i realized it was my Mother's b-day coming in a week so I bought her a round trip ticket to England to see her family and went to her poffice to give her $200.00 spending money that she can transfer into pounds her own damn self once there. ;)

no too much left but not thinking of spending anything on the bike, just planning on riding it.

Quote | Reply

right on. I have a mavic Rsys front wheel just sitting around doing nothing if you want it, pay the shipping its yours, that way when you get a disc cover at least you would have "race wheels"

Quote Reply
Re: "Houston, We Have A Problem", aka flame off [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

right on. I have a mavic Rsys front wheel just sitting around doing nothing if you want it, pay the shipping its yours, that way when you get a disc cover at least you would have "race wheels"

'preciate it. let me go for some serious mileage on what i have and think things through. I'll be pm-ing you shortly, i'm sure.

Last edited by: aka roadhouse: Apr 22, 10 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
no worries people, it was just an old bike. but it did feel good to ride the bike when i was looking at the road and not it at it at least. not sure what i wanna do now by way of aero as i'm undecided, even calling and cancelling the fit at BWF for those Jammers which i checked out yesterday, clip ons. again, not sure and surprisingly not too worried any longer about the bike, i'm still more than satisfied with my current Tarmac, in fact i appreciate her a whole lot more now.

and I haven't in any way lost any hope, if nothing else I've gained more of it. thanks though.

Rapp, what were those goggles you recommended to someone on here a few weeks back?

Sable Water Optics...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: "Houston, We Have A Problem", aka flame off [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply