Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"HEY"!
Quote | Reply
So I'm riding home from BART yesterday. Along the embarcadero I stop at a red light. Cyclists sometimes run these lights as you can't cross the embarcadero (its the waterfront) so they are all T intersections, so no way to get t-boned. I'm pretty big on following the rules and not getting $250 tickets, so I wait patiently. Just before the light is about to change (crossing countdown reads 5) 2 women start to cross. Just then, 2 boneheads on ss bikes with no helmets blow through the light and come pretty close to hitting them. Woman yells profanities and they apologize. Women abandon plan to cross the street (they didn't have enough time to make it across 4 lanes of traffic + the trolley lines to begin with). They step back on the sidewalk, less than 2 feet from me and one of them says "no wonder cars hate cyclists". To which I indignantly replied "HEY"! "Well you saw what just happened". "Yeah, and you see me, a cyclist, sitting here waiting" . The light changed and I yelled one final "don't generalize" as I pedaled away. So annoying.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Last edited by: Katy: Jul 3, 08 10:54
Quote Reply