Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Felt B2s" on Ebay
Quote | Reply
I have just started my search for my first tri bike and while scanning e-bay I keep coming across a seller who claims to be selling naked Felt B2s. I know in an earlier post someone was asking if Felt offered naked carbon frames and SuperDave said it was against CPSC and several EU policies.

SD’s comments, the fact that the seller is located in Asia and the fact that a number of the frames have sold for between $150 and $200 leads me to believe that they are not legit. However, the seller seems to have great feed back and a number of comments specifically relating to the B2 frames that talk about the quality of the frame.

I am still a few months away from a purchase, but wondered what everyone’s thought were. I am assuming that if it seems too good to be true it is and I should just run the other way. The only thing I can think is that maybe these are factor rejects or just imitations. Otherwise, how could they be going for such a discounted price? Here is a link:

: http://cgi.ebay.com/FELT-B2-Triathlon-Time-Trial-Road-Bike-Carbon-Frame-56_W0QQitemZ160330017154QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRoad_Bikes?hash=item160330017154&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Quote Reply
Re: "Felt B2s" on Ebay [ABrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is NOT a B2 frame. It doesn't look anything like one. Run away
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks like the older B2, when they had *what many consider to be a less than ideal geometry for a tri bike*. I'd guess something happened to it to cause them to paint it though. Or they got a hold of a bunch of b-stock B2 frames and then just painted them. Either way it wasn't a great bike and the deal itself looks sketchy enough that it's probably worth passing on.

* I changed my earlier verbiage as it was unfair to classify the decisions on geometry as flawed on the whole by saying they were cruddy. The new wording I think is a more fair description.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Last edited by: AndrewSaar: Apr 23, 09 4:50
Quote Reply
Re: "Felt B2s" on Ebay [rebew4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the info, they say it's the 2006 frame, which it does resemble...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like a fair deal to me.
Quote Reply
Re: "Felt B2s" on Ebay [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thing is fake as hell. There's a guy in the classifieds here selling a DA frame for a kickass price.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That looks like the older B2, when they had cruddy geometry. I'd guess something happened to it to cause them to paint it though. Or they got a hold of a bunch of b-stock B2 frames and then just painted them. Either way it wasn't a great bike and the deal itself looks sketchy enough that it's probably worth passing on.
How was the '06 geometry different from the '07,'08, or '09?

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: "Felt B2s" on Ebay [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the same size (56) in 2006, it had a slacker seat tube (even slacker than the "back" position on the new models), a longer top tube, a shorter head tube, and shorter wheelbase.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless SD has some inside info....they're legit. My white B2 just landed, and has been authenticated as an older "team" frame. The bummer is; you don't get a seatpost (aero required), headset, fork - which justifies the low price.

For me, I wanted an aluminum frame with a steep seat angle to build up as a road bike, and I think Felt makes great bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That looks like the older B2, when they had *what many consider to be a less than ideal geometry for a tri bike*. I'd guess something happened to it to cause them to paint it though. Or they got a hold of a bunch of b-stock B2 frames and then just painted them. Either way it wasn't a great bike and the deal itself looks sketchy enough that it's probably worth passing on.

* I changed my earlier verbiage as it was unfair to classify the decisions on geometry as flawed on the whole by saying they were cruddy. The new wording I think is a more fair description.

yes, especially since bike sizes like the 54cm got slacker seat angles with taller head tubes since 2003, a move opposite to the very criticsm lodged at Felt in the early 2000s.
Quote Reply