Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show
Quote | Reply
I read about the "Express Fits" during the 2017 Slowtwitch Road Show, anyone know if this is happening again in 2018? Thanks

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...Road_Shows_6263.html

Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [Mike360guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we will do TWO road shows only this year, one east and one west coast: bonzai sports and rocklin endurance. dates TBD, i'll announce shortly.

as is being discussed in another thread, i've kind of got my hands full with another new project this year, which has curtailed by road show travel availability.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we will do TWO road shows only this year, one east and one west coast: bonzai sports and rocklin endurance. dates TBD, i'll announce shortly.

as is being discussed in another thread, i've kind of got my hands full with another new project this year, which has curtailed by road show travel availability.

Boooo. I’m still kicking myself for not driving 6hours to Dallas last year. I was hoping you would do that one again.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably an entirely different question, but is there a chance that you will "tour" Europe or be at any European races to do fits any time in the near future?
Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is a bike fit summit or symposium gathering around the 24hr cycling event at nürburgring. i've got that on my radar. i may well come over for that. and we'll see what flows from that. late july.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'll keep that in mind then since it's only a couple of hours of driving for me to get there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, what locations have you decided on? Apologies if this was posted somewhere I’m too dimwitted to have seen.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news about Bonzai for East Coast Road Show!! Look forward to reading about date announcement!

Thank you!

gsc
Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [gschristenson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gschristenson wrote:
Great news about Bonzai for East Coast Road Show!! Look forward to reading about date announcement! Thank you!

i'll be there doing my thing april 7.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWESOME!! Thank you for the quick reply. How do I sign up for an Express Fit? I will take any time available that day, the earlier the better!

Again, thank you so much!

Glenn

gsc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is 2019 going to be similar? Tri shop fitter here in Missouri (no thread on this in the fitters forum I could find).

We're planning an event schedule and would like to be involved this coming year.

Cheers

Seriously, don't take me too seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [Irondawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Irondawg wrote:
Is 2019 going to be similar? Tri shop fitter here in Missouri (no thread on this in the fitters forum I could find). We're planning an event schedule and would like to be involved this coming year. Cheers

i don't know. i'm going to be doing a few events for canyon in 2019, that are fit-related. really, it's the brands that fund this. it's hard to get an IBD brand to pony up. there is a high interest among our readers for canyon, and canyon will support our local presence around the country at some shows, so, that's a probability.

i suspect i'll probably do an event or two in IBDs where felt bicycles are present, because they get it. felt gets it. otherwise, you tell me who's an IBD bike brand that doesn't have its tail between its legs right now? that's my problem. if the brands don't care, or don't have confidence in their own products, why should i?

bear in mind - now that i've got my irish up - i travel at my own cost to do these events. i provide a nice big revenue day for the shop. i help a brand sell through a lot of its product. i work with that shop's bike fitter, and we collaboratively fit customers who're looking to buy new bikes that the brand sells. i get sick every spring, in and out of airports, doing this, and i'd like to have some of my other expenses paid, such as, the other staff i bring. i ask for a very modest contribution from a brand. and it's like i was asking it to sponsor the ironman. and, the impertinence of me (!) asking for their representative to undergo the inconvenience of having its rep show up on a saturday to help you sell through!

so, i'm not doing that anymore. if a brand values what we do - and we've helped stores sell all the way up to $75,000 and more on these days - i'm here to help. but the stores, the brands, they've got to value this as much as i do, as the end user does, and here we are, engaged in the beginnings of triathlon's 3rd coming, and i'm frankly unimpressed with the enthusiasm of triathlon's brands. TYR? have you seen a TYR principal at any triathlon, or any triathlon event, anywhere, in the last 5 years? i haven't. why are you selling that brand's product? if they don't care why do you? and i - obviously! - could go on. you sell a mountain of garmin in your store. i have never met anyone from garmin, other than a local rep. they don't give 2 spits about triathlon. we're buying their power pedals, they fail, we send them back for new battery doors, half the new ones fail based on our forum respondents, they've got very good customer service, but no one from garmin has ever addressed this with me, or with our community.

so, i'm very sorry for unloading on you after you asked a very simple, easy and straightforward question! but the answer is, yes, i'm happy to volunteer my time at your shop, at a road show. but your brands have to support you. and they don't support you. and you should be as angry as hell at that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, Dan, I'm sorry to hear this. so sorry you are treated this way with all that you have done for our sport.

Pretty discouraging. If I as a bike manufacturer, I'd be all over what you do--in my experience bad fit impacts people's views of bikes way more than brands.

Not sure why more companies don't...It seems like a pretty good sized, profitable end-use case for their products...

In any event, sorry this has happened and thanks for all that you have done (and are doing)!

rc

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rcmioga wrote:
Man, Dan, I'm sorry to hear this. so sorry you are treated this way with all that you have done for our sport.

Pretty discouraging. If I as a bike manufacturer, I'd be all over what you do--in my experience bad fit impacts people's views of bikes way more than brands.

Not sure why more companies don't...It seems like a pretty good sized, profitable end-use case for their products...

In any event, sorry this has happened and thanks for all that you have done (and are doing)!

rc

don't cry for me. i'm good! i certainly WILL be out doing some road shows. i will probably be doing some for canyon, because they see the value. are the other brands going to roll over and let canyon eat their lunches? we'll see. not that the road to prosperity runs thru a slowtwitch road show. but i'm not going to be the one pumping air in this tire any longer. if brands want to help their IBDs sell thru, prove it to them. if you're not pestering me to do a slowtwitch road show, then you're doing what? i'm not disappointed on my behalf. but, in just about every case, a slowtwitch road show is the biggest revenue day for that shop that year. i'm frustrated for the store. these brands think they're doing the stores a big favor just by not going consumer direct. they feel that's it. that's their contribution. it doesn't work that way.

i'm also frustrated by the lack of spine shown by the IBDs. it shouldn't be, "will you please activate at my store?" it should be, "here are the activations you're doing at my store. in exchange for me pledging my time, treasure, risk and floor space to your brand." if it's not a road show, again, fine, but, then what are your brands doing at your stores?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"i will probably be doing some for canyon" - i am currently in the market for a new Canyon and would love to know the schedule of these if possible.
Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zulu wrote:
"i will probably be doing some for canyon" - i am currently in the market for a new Canyon and would love to know the schedule of these if possible.

as soon as i know, you'll know. we're working that out now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, Dan

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
rcmioga wrote:

rc

don't cry for me. i'm good! i certainly WILL be out doing some road shows. i will probably be doing some for canyon, because they see the value. are the other brands going to roll over and let canyon eat their lunches? we'll see. not that the road to prosperity runs thru a slowtwitch road show. but i'm not going to be the one pumping air in this tire any longer. if brands want to help their IBDs sell thru, prove it to them. if you're not pestering me to do a slowtwitch road show, then you're doing what? i'm not disappointed on my behalf. but, in just about every case, a slowtwitch road show is the biggest revenue day for that shop that year. i'm frustrated for the store. these brands think they're doing the stores a big favor just by not going consumer direct. they feel that's it. that's their contribution. it doesn't work that way.

i'm also frustrated by the lack of spine shown by the IBDs. it shouldn't be, "will you please activate at my store?" it should be, "here are the activations you're doing at my store. in exchange for me pledging my time, treasure, risk and floor space to your brand." if it's not a road show, again, fine, but, then what are your brands doing at your stores?

I am also sorry to hear that it is so challenging for you personally with such little help from the 'industry'. Curious if you will make it anywhere in New England in 2019, as I really must meet 'the man, the myth, the legend-himself, sloman'.

Bonus if he can critique my fit while talking medical BS...Let me know the 'schedule' once set.

Dale
Quote Reply
Re: "Express fit" at Slowtwitch road show [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
Slowman wrote:
rcmioga wrote:

rc

I am also sorry to hear that it is so challenging for you personally with such little help from the 'industry'. Curious if you will make it anywhere in New England in 2019, as I really must meet 'the man, the myth, the legend-himself, sloman'.

Bonus if he can critique my fit while talking medical BS...Let me know the 'schedule' once set.

Dale

if i critique your fit i will not be talking medical BS. i know others do. and i spose i could. but it would be disingenuous and i'd be out of my depth. it usually sounds to my ear pretentious bordering on preposterous when bike fitters do that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great answer!
Quote Reply