Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Easy" swimming fin suggestions?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a recommendation of swimming fins to use in pool workouts. I currently use the blue zoomers, but I'm looking for something that's a little "easier." I barely move when I kick on my own (inflexible ankles) so it's hard to do certain balance drills without fins. Yes, I know I need to improve my kicking, but in the near term, I think fins will enable me to work on other parts of my stroke, too. I like my zoomers, but they're a real workout for my legs and don't allow me to focus fully on the mid/front part of my body. I'm looking for something to give me a little nudge yet allow me to focus my attention/energies on things like hip rotation, narrow shoulders.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: "Easy" swimming fin suggestions? [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the "mid/front part" of your body is your focus, why not use a pull bouy instead of fins? I'm not a big fan of fins of any type unless you're scuba diving. Too many triathletes justify their use as a training aid when all they really use them for is a crutch to cover up their poor kicking.

Btw, what the heck are "narrow shoulders" wrt swimming technique?
Quote Reply
Re: "Easy" swimming fin suggestions? [govols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"narrow shoulders" means minimizing the front profile. I have a tendency to let a gap open between my extended arm and neck when I breathe which basically creates a big "scoop" of water.

Pull buoy works for some drills, but not things like kicking on my side!
Quote Reply
Re: "Easy" swimming fin suggestions? [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can get a hold of them... the hydrotech 2 fins are great. http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/4004.htm sizes one size smaller than what the charts say. And trim your toenails or leave a trail of blood in the water.
Quote Reply