Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Drafters Suck" T-Shirts
Quote | Reply
I did a search and didn't see anything, but if this site's been talked about already, sue me:

http://www.drafterssuck.com

I want to get a jersey with that on it.
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [BillyJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess you don't race WTC events then....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over the years I have seen most (not all) of the "big-name" pros get drafting calls. Be sure to list all of them on your shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [synchronicityII] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but I don't have a problem with people drafting in a draft-LEGAL race.
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [Fatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, by your logic, drafting is ok because "big name" pros get drafting calls? "Big name" pros also get popped for PED's, does that making doing drugs ok?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are drafting calls and illegal PEDS on the same level for you? That explains it. (FWIW, I've done many half IM's and IM's and have never had a drafting call. I'm just a little sick of some of the self-righteous blow-hards on here.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I can ride without cheating, so can you and everyone else; I am glad you're proud of yourself because you "never got caught," good for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I did a search and didn't see anything, but if this site's been talked about already, sue me:

http://www.drafterssuck.com

I want to get a jersey with that on it.

Spreadshirt is pretty cool, but those Drafters Suck shits....well, pretty much suck.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read my post again. I didn't say I never got "caught." However, Mr. Perfect, now that you mention it, in my many IM's and half IM's I can honestly say that at one point or another when caught up with 2,000 other riders I surely HAVE "drafted". I didn't "want" to, but I'm sure it has happened. There are times when you either have to drop back for twenty minutes or just do your best to not draft. Some people (you?) deny this reality. I'm guessing many of these people have never done a crowded IM (I'm sure many have though.) It's nice to know that you've got this down. If you ever do get a drafting call be sure to quit the race in protest as you are apparently incapable of such a thing and it will most certainly be a bogus call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just curious about the drafting issue. It's a 4 minute penalty for a race that last between 8 hrs and 17 hrs. If drafting was really that bad, or that big of a deal wouldn't there be a bigger penalty. Would they have over 2,000 people starting at the exact same time? With over 2,000 people, a line of almost 10 miles would be created if there was just 1 or 2 meters between everyone in a legal position, how can you possibly avoid drafting, especially on a flat course?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I think they should make it a 30-minute penalty in an IM. 4 minutes is not deterence when drafting can save you at least a half an hour.

As for the flat course argument, I think that's bogus. I've raced flat courses before without cheating. Plenty of others have to. Try it sometime. It's not that hard.
Last edited by: BillyJ: Nov 19, 07 15:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I agree. I think they should make it a 30-minute penalty in an IM. 4 minutes is not deterence when drafting can save you at least a half an hour.

As for the flat course argument, I think that's bogus. I've raced flat courses before without cheating. Plenty of others have to. Try it sometime. It's not that hard.
So are you saying that the course design has no bearing on the difficulties of complying with the drafting rules? Since you didn't address it directly, does that mean the number of participants makes no difference either?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Over 112 miles, absolutely not! My bike split at IMFL was 6:02, which is solidly in the MOP. There was maybe two times where I had to decelerate or accelerate to get ahead of a pack or watch a pack pass me by.

Yes, there times when you have to actively avoid it, but that's the point!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Point of clarification: Do people who are drafting at a legal distance suck?
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Point of clarification: Do people who are drafting at a legal distance suck?
Nope. Not in the slightest. Neither do bike racers. And neither do swimmers. It's legal ~ that's the difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't the writing be on the back?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm. Potentially, drafting can help you in a race more than PEDs.
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't ask me; I didn't design the shirts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, but really, shouldn't the writing be on the BACK?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about just riding butt naked (boys protected, of course). Anyone wanting to stare at a hairy crack for more than a minute has to have some serious issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why doesn't someone just make a race jersey that says "get off my back" or something so that the rider on your wheel has a constant reminder during the race that he is doing something wrong?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on guys. All this hostility. Give peace a chance.

For sale at cafepress.com/cupajoedesign

Last edited by: cupajoe: Nov 20, 07 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: "Drafters Suck" T-Shirts [cupajoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HA!! Love it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next