Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Cost" of bike clothing ??
Quote | Reply
In line with the Cobb article on the cost of water bottles, I think that the cost of clothing is likely more substantial in impacting drag. Any thoughts or guidance on how to minimze this factor. I know Cobb uses duct tape on his subjects to avoid shirts flapping etc.
Quote Reply
Re: "Cost" of bike clothing ?? [Graham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SKINSUITS

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you wear a race number on you back crumple it up first. helps it lay flatter on you back.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wear clothes as tight as you can while on the bike. A skin suit is best, but unless it is a tri skinsuit, the typical cycling skinsuit is terribly uncomfortable on the run.

Taping down the number helps alleviate a lot of drag, and it is very cheap to do.

Clothes were actually stressed more back in my day than wheels, though we were pretty fast with an old Zipp 1150 and a Sun Mistral laced up every other spoke for the front. How times have changed, they have also stayed the same...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found it interesting that on the OLN coverage back on the team time trial day they were extolling the virtues of the new Nike skinsuit that has the seam placed way down low to decrease the turbulence off the back and improve aerodynamics and then see all the teams riding with big numbers on their asses that would definitely negate any benefit to this design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed - the common site exiting T1 at many triathlons is the person on the fully tricked out $3,000+, fully aero bike, with all the aero gimmicks going on, but wearing a $30 cycling jersey or tank top that is flapping in the breeze like a parachute, likly negating just about all aero gains from the bike and other gear!!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jul 28, 03 9:59
Quote Reply