Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Cool" Friday pic for y'all- climbing...
Quote | Reply
I'm archiving a bunch of my photos and stopped on this one from last fall- my buddy and I climbed Grand Teton at the end of the season. I just like it so I thought I'd share.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Re: "Cool" Friday pic for y'all- climbing... [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's one sick view. thanks for sharing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a really great shot! Very nice.

Quote | Reply
Excellent shot. I know the area is beautiful, and I'm excited to get out to Teton Natl. Park in the next year or so.

Jonathan
USA Triathlon Coach/Adventure Extraordinaire
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow...great shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grew up in Jackson. Love it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On clear days, I can see these peaks from the hills by my house (where I like to run). If that's Middle Teton in the forefront, then that must be Death Canyon on the top right. That range is just fantastic. I hiked Static Peak and slept in Alaska Basin this past August. Can't wait to get back.

What's the hike through Garnet Canyon like? (I assume you hiked up from the Jackson side.) I hear it's gorgeous.
Quote Reply
Re: "Cool" Friday pic for y'all- climbing... [Lime Crush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a gorgeous trip all it's own. I didn't see much going in because we did the climb of the Grand alpine style fast and light starting in the parking lot around 1:00 a.m. (there was yet another storm on the way within 24 hours).

But the clouds stayed off the summit for some other awesome views and the way out was under mostly blue skies. The creek that flows off the Middle Teton glacier is stunning and we had lots of flowers still out and blooming (September) to enjoy. We did the Spaulding Route so it wasn't super technical and allowed us to rope up less which kept our speed pretty high.

I was beat after coming out though- we had to drive back over to Driggs (ID) where we were staying. Trout and beer for dinner :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tres cool. I need to stop doing these silly triathlon thingies so I can concentrate on more awesome things, e.g. this.

Sounds like a great trip--with a 5.4 rating, I can't imagine you roped up too much other than rappelling the descent, no?

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool!

We drove through Wyoming on our way to IMCDA last year and I swore after seeing all the mountain ranges in both Wyoming and Montana that I would quit doing triathlons and focus on climbing again. I live in Florida, so of course it didn't pan out, but I still have aspirations of moving out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, I have that picture too (from 2005). Awesome trip. Possibly my favorite place on earth.
[/img]
Last edited by: angryirish: Feb 4, 11 19:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nice shot, thanks for sharing.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the view from camp on the moraine in GarnetCanyon.[/img]

And here's a shot of the aforementioned wildflowers.[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: "Cool" Friday pic for y'all- climbing... [DHeineck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think we only roped the two most exposed sections (one of which saw a fatality this last year due to a lighting caused fall). My buddy Ken was just getting into climbing so we didn't want to get too technical.

I climb Shasta every year at least once (have done so since I was a teenager, 30+ years ago) and that's a place where I see if my tri and bike racing pals have what it takes to be cold and slog uphill for hours on end. If they can do that and at least fake a smile at the top, we go for the next level.

Quote Reply