Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Born to Run" vs. Hoka [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And think about where they are doing most of the running in the book.....on a softer surface. So more shoe cushion is not needed. I enjoyed the book and like someone else said it helped me transition to a mid foot strike.

I'm more concerned about a low drop than low cushion, because almost 100% of my training is on a hard surface, which is why I love the Tarmac and B2.
Quote Reply
Re: "Born to Run" vs. Hoka [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed your review.

doug in co wrote:
imsparticus wrote:
I am reading "Born to Run" and am left wondering how to square its cult like advocacy of barefoot running ..

looks like you already figured it out.. BtR was written by a journalist, its main goal is to sell books and build the journalist's reputation. To quote myself - an exciting anecdote or two, some misapprehended research, a few quotes with context elided, et voilà - the "one best way" to run. Hm, probably not..

I love the Hokas, significant reduction in all my old running injury pains since starting with them. I ran barefoot as a teenager, 6'2" and 145lbs, nowadays at 170lbs with well aged joints ligaments and tendons, need a bit more protection..

my review of the book here..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mate, you gotta do what is best for you, but don't get too hung up on going as 'bare foot' as vibrams!

If you stand on a sharp rock with those suckers you'll 'definitely feel it! You have so many other minimalist shoes to choose from but remember to change over Poly Poly (slowly slowly) as thats where all the injuries are coming from!! Impatience and changing over too rapidly!

Good luck and may the run be with you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took the plunge today before seeing this thread on a pair of Bondi B's, and based on what I have read on here, I'm glad I did. Proof will be in the pudding as they say, but hoping to get back to running after an achilles injury (and a recent calf strain) has left me sidelined for nearly 4 weeks now. End of the world at the time, but nothing like a new 'toy' to fire that motivation, and hopefully get me pounding the pavements injury free sooner rather than later.
Quote Reply

Prev Next