Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"A" races
Quote | Reply
How do you like to schedule your A races for the season? Do you try to clump then all into a 3 - 5 week period, and then the rest of the races that year are B and C races, or do you have maybe schedule one A race in May and then another A race in August?
Last edited by: MartinP: May 23, 09 10:03
Quote Reply
Re: "A" races [MartinP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kind of like to do two long phases so I pick a few key races in late April and May and then again in late September and October. I'm also a believer in having multiple races in this phase so your season doesn't go in the toilet if you have one bad day.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: "A" races [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So do you set up your training so that you have two base periods and then two periods where you focus on intensity?
Quote Reply
Re: "A" races [MartinP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So do you set up your training so that you have two base periods and then two periods where you focus on intensity?

I'm old and frankly, intensity leads me to be sick or injured way too much so I don't really do very often. But yes, that is the idea, to build for a two to three month period, begin to work in some intensity and then reduce volume and increase speed as you enter your race phase. During the winter I rarely race, but during the summer you can throw in some races leading up to your most important races, just because racing is fun and will push you harder than training.

Chad
Quote Reply