Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

womens and infinit
Quote | Reply
Gatorade is evil. Heed works well for me. But, I've been considering the Infinit. There are so many formulas I'm not sure which one to choose. I have a 1/2 IM coming up in August.
Quote Reply
Re: womens and infinit [lkkowski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a excerpt from an e-mail I wrote a friend asking about the same thing...

"here is the link to the Infinit website...
http://www.infinitnutrition.us/

I have the low-cal preset drink formula for triathlon-lemon lime. It is 175 cal. per 20 oz serving. I try to consume at least 20 oz an hour on the bike. The other IM preset formula is 275 cal per 20 oz. I think this is a little much for me. This is how the website explains how to determine your caloric need...

Weight x (% of body fat) = A
Weight - A = B
B x 2 = N (number of calories needed per hour)

So this is me...

115 lbs. x 20% = 23
115 - 23 = 92
92 x 2 = 184 calories needed per hour. A little less than what the preset formula is...but I can supplement with gummy bears or something else... if I feel hungrier, usually I don't."

I use the preset drink formula because I didn't know I could mess around with all the slide bars at first. And now I know it works for me, so why change? Plus, I was a little intimidated with protein vs. carbs. vs. caffeine, etc.

I did IM Moo and Steelhead 1/2 IM last year and ONLY used Infinit on the bike. I took a get at mile 105 in IM to try and "boost" up for the run. But other than that...only Infinit and water.

Hope this helps.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: womens and infinit [hj-rockstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great reply.
The low-cal formula is the one I have had my eye on.
The Heat formula was another one I was looking at.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Gatorade Endurance? I agree normal Gatorade is the worst. WAY too much sugar and sends my system over the egde. I've tried Inifinit and Gatorade Endurance and honestly don't notice much of a difference. And, since Gatorade Endurance is what's going to be on course for my race I just decided to use that. I know you can get the powder in big containers now.
Quote Reply
Re: womens and infinit [Nemostrin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any gatorade products give me diarrhea. as fast as it goes in, it wants to come out. so maybe infinit isn't the answer. if you think it's really similiar to gatorade. i can toleraye heed. maybe i need to stick with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grrr... I wish us Canadians could have the Endurance. Frustrating, especially for the non-Canadians coming up to race expecting Endurance.

Quote | Reply
I use Perpetuem, it is the only thing that doesn't give me the runs. I get terrible problems with anything else. On the run I use Accelerade because there are less calories and has a good taste. Same reasons as Perp. as far as the gut goes. Accel gel too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: womens and infinit [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Infiniti! I have the low cal, Ironman, heat, and jet fuel formulations. They taste great, work well, and the guys are really nice.

I have some Perpetuem also, but I like Infiniti better. I like the individual formulas but am too lazy to make my own...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I have a custom Infiinit formula that has 196 calories per serving with higher amounts of "salt" and just a little flavor. I love it. I used the custom blend calculator on the Infinit website to create it and have tweaked it just a bit over my couple orders such lowering the flavor as I am running a concentrated blend for IM training. I have used it for the last two years and have had no problems with. I had bad problems with accerlade and gatorade. And I can't stand the taste of the hammer products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have to disagree. There is a huge difference between Infinit and Endurance Gatorade. Sorry, but true. You can not make a concentrate of Endurance. Endurance tastes WAY stronger than any mixture of infinit I have ever tasted. Finally, you can't make a custom blend of Endurance. They may offer it on the course, but I would prefer to make a custom blend of my drink rather than settle for what they have on the course. Just my .02 cents.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same problem with Gatorade (as I found out on the IMLP run!), but I love Infinit. I have a custom formula that I got by starting with their online quiz-thingy and then changing my next order. I upped the electrolytes (I sweat a lot!!!!!) and dialed down the flavor. Best thing ever!
Quote Reply
Re: womens and infinit [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like it may be worth a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it really depends on the mix and how strong you mix it. I actually like the lemon lime infinit taste a little better. But, I haven't noticed a difference in tummy issues. I will say that one summer (before Gatorade Endurance even) when I was training to qualify for Boston for the first time I really needed the electrolytes and calories. I had to "train" myself to tolerate normal Gatorade. I started out by diluting it and gradually making it stronger. I finally was ok.

Of course, that was a few years ago and now w/ the other products, my system has reverted back and if I drink normal Gatorade I want to hurl. ;)

Good luck!
Quote Reply