Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what kind of "health issue" would prevent you from getting in water?
Quote | Reply
our next-door neighbor at our lake house mentioned to me this weekend that she couldn't get in the lake or swimming pool this year due to "some health issues". She was wearing a next-to-nothing bikini and I didn't see any indication of trauma. Believe me, I checked fairly thoroughly. I occurred to me that a dude probably would have spelled it out. So is this some kind of a girly thing? What could it be?
Quote Reply
Re: what kind of "health issue" would prevent you from getting in water? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is this some kind of a girly thing? Yes

What could it be? Lots of reasons

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: what kind of "health issue" would prevent you from getting in water? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it could be as simple as a rotator cuff problem. you may be reading too much into it..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
One year my doctor strongly suggested that I pull out of a tri because I had an infection in one of the ducts in my breast. You wouldn't have been able to tell from looking at me.
Quote Reply
Re: what kind of "health issue" would prevent you from getting in water? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it could be as simple as a rotator cuff problem. you may be reading too much into it..
I don't think so. I wasn't asking her to go for a 2-mile swim, I asked if she was going to put her lifejacket on & just float in the lake with us and all the kids.
Quote Reply
Re: what kind of "health issue" would prevent you from getting in water? [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, pookie87. That's at least one possibility. One I had not ever considered or even heard of.

What else?

And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to pry into this gal's life. I would never ask her about it. I just couldn't think of anything save for a recent major wound that would prohibit me from getting in water. Maybe some kind of problem inside your ear?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeast infection, really bad time of the month, skin infection/insect bite, poison ivy in a spot you couldn't see, recently highlighted hair she doesn't want to get wet, irrational fear of being touched by fish in lake water...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tubes in your ears. At least it was that way when I was a kid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's just an excuse because she has some extreme, embarrassing fear* of algae or fish or lake monsters. "Health problems" are pretty untouchable. And she knew you wouldn't press the issue, and she was right! Here you are asking in an internet forum!

*(I only bring this up as a possibility because I myself have an irrational fear of lake swimming. The water leaves your skin smelling like fishy algae, and what is on the bottom anyway? Shudder...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DOes anyone else find this to be a very weird question?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's just not that into you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She has a yeast infection and doesn't want to make it worse, or she has found that in the past, she easily gets a yeast infection from spending time in lake water........
Quote Reply
Re: what kind of "health issue" would prevent you from getting in water? [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when I swim next to the ducks/geese I just hope that they did not just do a #2.
Quote Reply
Re: what kind of "health issue" would prevent you from getting in water? [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is the one who brought it up, not me. She could have easily said "no, I just don't want to get in right now" and left it at that.

Just struck me as very odd, that she specifically mentioned that she could not get in a lake OR a pool, and she said "this year" - implying for quite a while.

Wonder if the poor gal can even take a shower,or maybe she has to tape a plastic bag over whatever body part is sensitive to water?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
She is the one who brought it up, not me. She could have easily said "no, I just don't want to get in right now" and left it at that.

Just struck me as very odd, that she specifically mentioned that she could not get in a lake OR a pool, and she said "this year" - implying for quite a while.

Wonder if the poor gal can even take a shower,or maybe she has to tape a plastic bag over whatever body part is sensitive to water?
maybe she has been anticipating and dreading the question and just blurted out the first thing that crossed her mind, rather than answering more generally. You know how that can happen when you are upset about something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chronic sinus/ear issues can keep you out of the water for a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lake water gives her explosive diaherrea. Or, she just got a boob job / vaginoplasty and can't get them wet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncontrolled epilepsy. Maybe she has a seizure disorder and has been having increased frequency of seizures. And maybe she's worried she'll have a seizure while in the water and die.
Quote Reply