Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what's the best tri top??
Quote | Reply
Hello Girls, I am taking a poll before buying tri tops. What's the most comfortable? support? any info is appreciated!
Last edited by: tlamjenn: Apr 18, 11 18:04
Quote Reply
Re: what's the best tri top?? [tlamjenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
There are so many diff styles of tri tops out there. Best recommendation is to go into a store, and try them on. It depends on what kind of support you want/need and how much coverage you want.
Some great brands include: Zoot, 2xu, Sugoi, DeSoto,etc.
You should go with a top that is tight and form fitting, and watch out for any particular areas that rub for chafing.

Good luck!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had really good luck with Sugoi products - they're well made, fit me, and last forever (my swimsuit is a FOUR year old Sugoi that's seemingly impervious to chlorine, salt, sweat, barf, etc). The tri suit I currently have is a super comfey (no riding up!) Sugoi and I'm sure it'll be just as durable.

BUT - since I've been cursed with bodacious ta-tas that I can't seem to diet off no matter how hard I try, I have to wear a bra under any sort of race suit I use, so support isn't an issue for me. No matter what it is, I'll have to wear a bra under it.

Current fave? The heavy duty Under Armour bra. It stops jiggling, and takes a lot of sweat before it starts to stink. I love it.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of tri top do you want? Full coverage? Built in bra? zipper?

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: what's the best tri top?? [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a tri top and shorts from Soas Racing. Have only done a few training runs/ rides in them, but super comfy.
I have size 36C chest and have had no chafing issues with the top - good support, not too much jiggle.
Bottoms also working for 1-2 hours in saddle.
Made and designed by women triathletes that wanted something more stylish and with better fit.
soasracing.com
Quote Reply
Re: what's the best tri top?? [hp72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind my asking - what size did you get in the top (and shorts)? I have some issues finding a tri top that fits because I have an average athletic build overall, but the girls are (comparatively speaking) on the larger size (36C). It always seems like if the chest area fits, the rest of the top is too big! I'm wondering if Soas would be a good fit for me - I love their designs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2XU tri top and Louis Garneau tri top. The 2XU top stretched out quite a bit after one season in the waist area and it rides up constantly on the run. Also, the built in sports bra is on the small size - can be a bit of an issue if you are well endowed. I also have an LG tri top - it has a 3/4 zipper, compression fit and no built in bra. I really like this top - fabric has not stretched at all, fabric has worn nicely and I like that I can wear any sports bra of my choice underneath. I usually zip it up for maximum compression/support of the girls. Also, it has some nice big pockets on the sides - I can fit two gels or a gel and a pack of shot bloks in each side pocket. The only negative is that it can ride up on the run too.
Quote Reply
Re: what's the best tri top?? [frankiekat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a large in the top and bottom. I generally wear a med or 10 in street clothes, but most athletic things run smaller. Hope this helps, trying emailing them your measurements for advice. The shorts are not tight around the waist, so wouldn't want them fallin' off!
In Reply To:
Last edited by: hp72: Jun 3, 11 4:31
Quote Reply