Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

weekly how'd you do thread-Feb. 2
Quote | Reply
How was everyone's week last week?
Me-had a rotten cold most of the week. Did meet my goal of more time on the bike tho.
swim:4100 yds
bike:64 miles
run:17 miles

Yesterday I was invited to join a team for the Texas Independence Relay, so my goals will revolve around that for the next 6 weeks. Can't wait-a new challenge!

Hope everyone did well!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Re: weekly how'd you do thread-Feb. 2 [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) At least 2 strenght/stretching session -- done! yoga on tuesday and pilates on wed. Also was diligent with my post run and ride strecthing.
2) Clean eating --- no fried foods and little to know junk -- done. spending 2 hours on sunday cooking for the week is helping with this,
3) Morning run on Tuesday.-- didn't need to. I thought I had a meeting on Tuesday night so I needed to get my run on the am. Meeting canceled so I did yoga in the am and ran in the pm. I am a much better PM runner.

And it wasn't a goal but I had a milestone run for me on Sat. Managed a 9 mile run at a sub-9 min pace which is awesome for me.....

Goals for this week:
1) Keep eating clean -- no fried food.
2) Three stretching/strenght sessions
3) Attend swim practice on Wed. My coach sends our weekly workouts and Wed is a kick night. I hate to kick and usually find some excuse not to attend practices that are kick heavy. I think it is punishment for the awesome pull set we had on Sat. I love to pull and everyone else hates it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:

*Early Bird Crit on Sunday--Ride hard, stay mentally into it the whole way. Don't "give up" when it gets hard. This will be a real race with points and placings on the line.

Well, I got taken out about halfway through and hit the pavement going 22-23 mph. Spent the rest of the day at the ER. Banged up but basically OK.

*Ride 5 days. DONE!

*Swim 2x ONLY ONCE

*Lift 2x DONE!

*Run some. DID I RUN? DON'T REMEMBER

*No chips or crackers. My downfall. DID SO-SO ON THIS.

This week:
Recover from crash.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
-WORK ON THE THESIS and get a significant part done.
-I actually may not get the bike fixed this week, if I do, cool - but I can entertain myself with just swim and run for a bit and spin classes and maybe that'll help keep me doing easy/light training
-Train a little but not enough to get sick again. Just so you know, costochronditis + pneumonia is NO FUN.
-Get 8 hours of sleep a night, minimum.
-get an application for one grad school I'm looking at
-inquire about the grad program for the school I'm at

Got a bunch of work on my thesis done! Had a good week for that. Did not get bike fixed. Didn't always get 8 hrs of sleep. Did look into the applications and am gathering them.

Training, really light week trying to get back from being sick. 5 mi running, 1 hr cycling, lots of just plain walking.

Goals for this week:
Swim 4x (bonus points if I swim today but I'm REALLY tired)
Ride 4x
Shoulder baby weights every other day
Rewrite the section of my thesis I was working on... and reacquaint myself with the second part.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: weekly how'd you do thread-Feb. 2 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Well, I got taken out about halfway through and hit the pavement going 22-23 mph. Spent the rest of the day at the ER. Banged up but basically OK.

Ouch!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you did not get seriously injured!!! Bummer you had to miss the super bowl. :(

My week: hmmm..... lets see.... Here is the downside:

ZERO outside runs. I don't mind the cold (as long as its above 0*F) but I cannot run on ICE. And in Pittsburgh we've had lots of snow ice. It just won't go away. I can last 3 miles on the dreadmill and then I want to punch someone. So my running is sucking hard. Pittsburgh Marathon is May 3rd and I have to get my tail in gear. This week: pray for melting.

Trainer rides: Solid. Swimming: Solid. Lifting: Solid. All systems go except I am really bummed about my lack of running. It's been almost a month since I've ran outside. :(

Big plan for February: vegan diet. One month trial. I already gave up HFCS and artificial sweeteners. And given how I eat usually going vegan isn't a huge shift, but no more greek style yogurt or cheese for one month. It's only day 2... stay tuned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to see this still going!!

Decent week. Slightly less training than past 2 weeks (life got in the way!) but I'm not yet doing a set plan so that's okay... I have not though done ANY strength training and need to get on that.

3 swims
3 runs
2 bikes

Bike CompuTrainer class was exciting! This week I came in 6th out of 8 and the 5 ahead of me were pretty hard-core guys... who win lots of things... so I was pretty pleased with the results.

This week:

4 swims
4 runs - one my first standalone 1/2 marathon
3 bikes
2 strength sessions. MUST MUST MUST do them!!

Oh also I lost another pound and have been cooking a lot more. Would like to lose another pound this week. Maybe maybe :-) even two...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you're ok and that you were indeed into it if you went down going that hard. So, good job and lay low until things all feel better.

Last Week:
W, Sat - Run (back on plan after M off/bike) - ran on W and Sun (again). Need to get that Sat/Sun long run under control. It's supposed to be on Saturday! Suffered through 10.5 on the treadmill though (at a snail's pace). Good start to Feb. Need to get back to 3x/wk AND get distance.
T, R - Swim practice. - Decent. Thurs was almost all stroke work - more Br, Bk, Fl than I've done in 10 yrs. But I survived. So what if I couldn't use my thighs until Saturday...I could use to lose some of them anyway. Still holding decent times. Joining Feb swim challenge for 30k.
Trainer - put my butt on a bike. (Must keep including until I get it done) - Oops. I did ask when my tri bike was coming back to this end of the country...I am at least thinking about it....that's surely at least part of the battle.
Breakfast (not just coffee and coffee cake) every day, dinner regularly - stop eating out so much. - Think I wound up with coffee more often than I should have. But I did eat at home more - necessitated by the foot of snow received that made travelling painful. Grocery tonight, hoping to keep that going
Indoor tri next weekend??? Didn't do the tri. Ok with that. Have been struggling mentally with some crap, been pretty down and lonely lately. Trying to keep that in check by staying moving. Done with winter.

This Week:
W, Sat (Poss. Fri) - Run. Log the long run, get the miles in.
T,R - Swim (Poss a third swim - would like to see 10k)
Trainer/Outside - Get on a damn bike Ware.
Stretching - Keep the shins/IT/Post Tibs happy
Food - EAT.AT.HOME
Mental - Get to a good place.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: weekly how'd you do thread-Feb. 2 [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, last week was an 'easy' week for me, nursing an achilles injury. Dev would not 'allow' me to go any faster than 6min/km on my runs, and he cut my long run in half. Totals were:
swim - 1 hr 30 min
bike - 2 hr 10 min
run - 5 hr 10
core - 15 min (pathetic, I know, but its something!)

This weeks goals:

swim 3 times minimum
skate to work/run home 2 times minimum (I live near a frozen 10km long canal!)
complete bike workouts, instead of spinning mindlessly!
stretch achilles and get massage
mental - work on stuff my therapist suggests!!
food - no evening peanut butter feasts (dealing with some food/ED issues)

I hope everyone has a great week!

Angela
Quote Reply