Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri tank top creep up
Quote | Reply
I have been doing triathlons for a few years. The first year I write a one piece tri suit, it want very flattering on me. Now I wear separate top and shorts. The top gradually creeps up about my belly button and I constantly have to pull it down. I have a very curvy shape. Any ideas how to keep it in place or am I destined for a one piece again?
Quote Reply
Re: tri tank top creep up [charman1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try a pair of tri shorts made by DeSoto. They have a drawstring that can be tightened to keep the shorts up and your top tucked in.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The DeSoto Forza trip top with the built in bra does not creep. I wear it with the long distance tri bottoms that have the extra high waist. I also have the creeping problem because I'm small waisted but not small hipped...

http://desotosport.com/category/wforza

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: tri tank top creep up [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the desoto top. I am very real so tucking indoesn't work well because I don't have much of the top to tuck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This company advertises that they don't creep up, and that they flare out at the hip. I haven't tried them but would be curious to see.
http://www.soasracing.com/
Quote Reply
Re: tri tank top creep up [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear Desoto and it doesn't creep up. I have also just bought a Soas tri top and tri shorts. Haven't worn them yet, but they do flare and have good length on them.
Quote Reply
Re: tri tank top creep up [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do the Soas shorts fit vs. Desotos?
On the Soas size chart I might be kind of in between small and medium on the hips... in DeSoto I definitely take a medium...
It's one of the reasons I've hesitated trying their kit... wish I could try them on in person!
Quote Reply
Re: tri tank top creep up [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Determination. The SOAS are definitely a smaller fit than the Desoto - especially around the legs. The hip measurement wouldn't matter as much as the SOAS are quite stretchable in that area, but the legs are quite short and tight. The SOAS have gripper tape, which personally I don't like. The Desoto don't - I find the Desoto really comfortable and sit nicely. The SOAS set is really really cute and the fabric lovely, would just lke to change the cut of the pants (for my body shape anyway).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duct tape.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: tri tank top creep up [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info on the shorts!!!!

It sounds like I should maybe stick with the DeSoto shorts, as I LOVE THEM.
I definitely like the "no gripper" legs, and I seem to carry my weight in the hip and thigh.
But the top is maybe worth trying!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you need a top that's not fitted/tight fitting around the bottom. Maybe flairs out a bit (I think the desoto ones do this). If it's fitted to the torso every time you twist your torso (which happens to most of us when we run) it inches up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Desoto Forza creeps up, for some reason. I'm very long-waisted, so it may just be anatomy and design not being compatible.

You can use Fashion Fix to keep it down, but there might be some issues with adhesives if it's a long race.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Re: tri tank top creep up [LuvMyCrappyBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to try the De Soto Carrera Sprinter Top because it is even more flared at the bottom allowing for more hip and waist room if you feel as though the Forza still rides up a bit.

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply