Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tired arms while swimming
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I have been having problems while swimming and having my right arm fatigue during the swim. I cant stand my wetsuit anymore since it is just very tight around my arms. I dont have skinny arms but they are not big or fat. Any suggestions or anyone having same problem. I f I swim without wetsuit it is better but my right arm still gets tired.
Quote Reply
Re: tired arms while swimming [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had that situation a couple of times and it usually happened when I didn't put my wetsuit on correctly.

I think Fleck posted something about how to put them on correctly and it helped a lot. You really have to make sure you've got it hiked all the way up and even have loose suit up around your armpits. The more you can hike it up, the better...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my arms always get tired in a wetsuit the first couple times. You're lifting a little more weight out of the water, and probably in a slightly different way, so slightly different muscle use.

When I haven't been swimming for a while my arms are tired after the first couple swims. if it doesn't go away and its just one arm, you're doing something wrong with your stroke. Using the arms too much instead of the lats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: tired arms while swimming [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, checked it out and went swimming and made sure my wetsuit was on right...made some difference checking my arms where in the right place. I think the problem also is that my wetsuit is getting old and I read that neopreme gets stiffer and less flexible with time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can depend on a few things. Some possible causes:
- Breathing to one side only. Puts pressure on the one arm.
- Lacking flexibility in that shoulder so you can get in the right position to avoid getting sore
- Technique is out. Most likely in the recovery or entry and glide.

Effortless Swimming

Join us on Facebook for weekly swim tips
Quote Reply