Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

thought you guys might like this read...
Quote | Reply
this blog was posted on the RW forums. Too funny!

http://run100miles.com/...oga-50k-race-report/

N~
Quote Reply
Re: thought you guys might like this read... [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent afternoon read. Thanks for posting :)

Quote | Reply
This is part of the reason I am scared of ultra, I get lost on my way home. If there is a fork in a trail, it is guaranteed I would take the wrong route. I loved his story though, especially the part about laying in the river, I felt like I was there with him!
Quote Reply
Re: thought you guys might like this read... [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erika, I got lost on a group dirt ride on Friday. I wasn't first or last, I was in the middle. It was a no drop ride. When the last riders caught up to the first riders at the regroup area the question was "Where's Katy?" "I thought she was with you guys".

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: thought you guys might like this read... [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what is so great about the track. Turn left always. No way to get lost, not ever for Katy. ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lord help me if I were to ever loose my shorts in a running race. I go commando...
Quote Reply
Re: thought you guys might like this read... [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*LOL* you and me both with the commando thing. Tho, it sounds like it wouldn't much matter after 60+ miles or so in the heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hilarious! Worst race experience I ever had was at a 50k that is known for being super tough and of course I chose it for my first ultra. I took a right instead of a left at the base of a loop and ended up running down this super steep hill called the "chin scraper". You basically crawl up it by tree roots. I figured out I was going in the wrong direction about half way down the hill so I had to go back up. I came to the intersection where I'd made the wrong turn and told the volunteers there what happened and made them promise that no matter how long it took they weren't to sweep me off the course. I had to do the loop and climb up that hill AGAIN. As I took off to start the loop going the correct way, my iPod died. I started bawling my eyes out. I was totally freaked out about missing a cutoff. I've never cried that hard during a race. I was running along by myself almost hyperventalating, blurry eyed and tripping over rocks and roots. It was hell and I was one of the last people to finish. When I got to the finish line I was so out of it that I couldn't tell anyone what I needed. They all started asking if I needed a banana, water, Gatorade, etc. I had no idea so my friend shoved a banana in my hand. I swore I'd never do that race again but of course now it is working my way back on the race schedule for next year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was awesome, thanks so much for sharing. I laughed out loud when I read the part about his shorts tumbling down the river. (And again at the commando confessions of this thread - you can add me to that list as well... )

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply