Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

thermal mammogram?
Quote | Reply
hi ladies,
have any of you had a thermal mammogram?

if anyone has information about this i would certainly appreciate it--based on your experiences, information, whatever. :)

Thanks!
kitty
Last edited by: kittycat: Feb 16, 08 18:25
Quote Reply
Re: thermal mammogram? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really???? No one???? I too would be curious to hear feedback on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not conventional mammo? I don't think thermal imaging has been proven to be all that effective. Mammo is still the standard of care, with adjunctive imaging more often done by US or MRI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i googled this an only 2 entries showed up for "thermal mammogram." I assume this is different from a standard or ultrasound mammogram? I've had an ultrasound one, and it was very very unremarkable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found it rather humorous that this post was adjacent to the "cold boobs" post. :-)

Serious subject, funny coincidence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." - Charles De Mar
Quote Reply
Re: thermal mammogram? [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why not conventional mammo? I don't think thermal imaging has been proven to be all that effective. Mammo is still the standard of care, with adjunctive imaging more often done by US or MRI.

hello! i am "the club oddball" and do not solely focus on the "standards of care" or conventional applications, as i approach things more hollisitcally and have interest in naturopathic medicine and therapies. i'm interested in modern therapies, ancient ones, etc, and then decide what's best for me.

thermal does not smash the breast tissue, and does not put radiation into the breast. i'm interested in the science of it, and feel it is a very good tool, more so than a mammo (which i refuse to have). besides the damage that a mammo can cause, the stats on the mammo aren't impressive, IMO.

also, i pay for my own healthcare so i need to be considerate of costs. a thermal reading is realtively affordable and IMO, a very good tool that is under-utilized.
Last edited by: kittycat: Feb 19, 08 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: thermal mammogram? [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i googled this an only 2 entries showed up for "thermal mammogram." I assume this is different from a standard or ultrasound mammogram? I've had an ultrasound one, and it was very very unremarkable.

http://www.longevitywi.com/breast.htm

http://www.innovativethermalimaging.com/index-1bfaq.html

i like this for women under 40, as we tend to have denser breast tissue, and mammo is not always able to detect through dense fibrous breasts. my plan is to get one soon, if anyone is interested i will report on it here for the womens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be very interested in your results with this test. I have to have a mammogram each year. I have had 4 biopsies to which the lumps were benign. I would just like to have an alternative if possible.
Quote Reply