Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

solutions for post long ride/run breakouts?
Quote | Reply
hi
This year particularily hot and humid, and after every long ride I get really gross whiteheads/pimples on face, esp under chin where strap rubs-so at least those not so bad.
After every ride I wash my face right away, and use astringent. Have not changed my sunscreen, which is always some zinc/titanium oxide. Could be the sunblock? Anything work for you? Thnx!
Last edited by: triLA: Jul 26, 12 4:01
Quote Reply
Re: solutions for post long ride/run breakouts? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
make sure your chin strap is clean... maybe take an alcohol wipe with you on your ride and wipe the chin area a few times during the ride. You can buy a box of those for cheap at costco. Individually wrapped so easy to take with you

And even though you haven't changed your sunscreen doesn't mean they haven't changed how they make it. Might try something else and see?
Quote Reply
Re: solutions for post long ride/run breakouts? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do make sure to wipe down your chin strap. Those things get nasty!

In the summer after a sweaty bike or run I've actually resorted to the less powerful version of proactiv. As long as you absolutely make sure it is off your face before spending time outdoors, it has kept things under better control. It can make your skin sun sensitive, so I just make sure to use a different gentle cleanser before leaving for a ride the next morning.
Quote Reply
Re: solutions for post long ride/run breakouts? [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ew how did it not occur to me to clean my chinstrap? Now disgusted! Thanks will do that from now on. Yuck!
Quote Reply