Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

running shoes wide feet
Quote | Reply
Suggestions? I typically get Mizunos because I have a neutral stride and I like the fact that they're light, but I've noticed they tend to wear out on the sides where my small toe contacts the shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: running shoes wide feet [akschafer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Altras, so long as you can cope with the zero drop & the form over fashion styling :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending how wide, Brooks Ghost might work for you. Their regular width works for my moderately wide, oddly shaped feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Balance makes wide versions. One of their specialties.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: running shoes wide feet [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
Depending how wide, Brooks Ghost might work for you. Their regular width works for my moderately wide, oddly shaped feet.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have wide feet and love Mizunos (Wave Rider). You can get them in a wide size, maybe talk to your LRS folks. You could also try a 0.5 size larger? That works for me too.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had good success with Brooks (I adore the Launch, but the Launch 2 is too narrow) and New Balance. I wear all NB trail shoes (WT1210 Leadville, WT100, WT101v2) and have a pair of 890v4 road trainers.

Something that may help: if a shoe is just a touch too narrow, I've had success opening up a bit of space by skipping the lace holes at the widest part of the foot. This is the pattern I use on a couple of pairs of shoes, and it works well:

Best of luck!

Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the advice!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the forum, but I have big giant wide feet with bunions and have been wearing Saucony for years, both their traditional running shoes for years (the Pro series) and a couple of years ago switched to a low drop. I've been using the Kinvara for two years really like it. I tried the Fastwich just last month and send them back because they were about 1/2 cm too narrow. Back to the Kinvara and feel great again.

Did you pick a shoe? Which one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am wearing Kswiss running shoes . I love these shoes, my feet have a tendency to turn outward and these shoes keep them inline. It's hard to find locally, but have decided that it's worth going online to order (do not like shopping). Look great, fit nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I have a similar concern. Most people recommended Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 so I gave it a try. It didn't disappoint. I think Altra Olympus is also a good option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have pretty wide feet, and I've had a blast with the inov8 f-lite 195.[
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out TopoAthletic....they specialized in a wide toe box for a more natural running form. Drop heights vary from 0-8mm. Use TOPOCARTER20 for 20% off your order. I absolutely love these shoes and have been injury free since I made the switch.
Quote Reply
Re: running shoes wide feet [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackthugcat wrote:
Altras, so long as you can cope with the zero drop & the form over fashion styling :-)
Just bought my first pair of Altras, the Olympus 1.5's. I'm a forefoot runner, and was wearing Hoka's so the switch to zero drop really didn't bother me. All that room felt very odd at first, but my toes are loving life now. The Olympus is a trail shoe, but I read reviews saying that many were using it on the road. Padding is pretty substantial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Hoka's are all designed for wider feet. My new preference is the Clayton and also the Infinite. I love wide toe-boxes and it took me a number of shoes to finally find ones that work with a bit more cushion, support and 5mm drop.

Angela Naeth
http://www.angelanaeth.com
http://www.iracelikeagirl.com
Quote Reply
Re: running shoes wide feet [tri3bullet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How "new" are we talking? I tried a pair of Clifton 2's last year and they were too narrow for me - I train in re-laced Brooks Launch (on my last pair; the Launch 2 is too narrow), NB's 1210 Leadville, and am experimenting with the Skechers Go Run Ultra 2, which seems to be doing the trick. I mostly run ultras these days but train on pavement a lot during the week and am in search of a low-but-not-zero-drop (4-8mm) road trainer.

I really wanted the Hokas to work, but there was just no way even with re-lacing that the Clifton 2 would be wide enough.

Quote | Reply
The new Cliftons for this year are wider. All other styles are wide. ;)

Angela Naeth
http://www.angelanaeth.com
http://www.iracelikeagirl.com
Quote Reply