Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by toolguy
Last edited by: toolguy: May 28, 08 9:52
Re: relatioship Q for the ladies [toolguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We need pictures to fairly evaluate this question.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by toolguy [ In reply to ]
Re: relatioship Q for the ladies [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We need pictures to fairly evaluate this question.
First I laughed.... then I agreed.

Last edited by: toolguy: May 28, 08 8:48
Quote | Reply
Of course. I know I was open to looking at different guys than my teenage idea of the "dream guy" as I got into my mid to late 20s. The guy I married is the opposite of who I thought I would end up with and we have been together for 13 years, married almost 12. I know if I went back on the market I'd definately be open to men with a variety of personalities, incomes and shapes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: relatioship Q for the ladies [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why is it that us guys get called shallow when we say this? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok ok, in all seriousness... I've smoked/drugged/drank and wonder sometimes why someone else hasn't - we're all young at some point. Is this a religious thing? I don't do any of the above anymore and have been "clean" for over 2 years. No I didn't have a problem, I just stopped one day and never looked back. I started early, and by 23 I had just had enough. Job = good. I like tv - what's wrong with watching tv? Has not watched b-ball/football for forever - well I'm Canadian so I look at that as a good thing lol. But if you were to put hockey in place of those two, I would again wonder why?

But I think the description of dull seals it for me. Why would any woman want to "look" at someone who is dull?

Quote | Reply
I'll say yes that he's probably a great catch but the caveat is for the right girl. IE - if all he's interested in is the bleach-blonde, implants, shopaholic then he may not come with the type of status that she's looking for. However, if he's looking for a down-to-earth girl then I would venture to say that he would be able to find the right person.

I'm a firm believer that when it comes to relationships you have your "wants" and your "needs." The "needs" are the things that are intrinsic to a good healthy relationship such as honesty, loyalty, hardworker, etc. The "wants" are those things that would be a bonus such as hidden trustfund/great paying job, long eyelashes, etc. I believe the key is to find someone who meets, if not exceeds, all of your "needs" and then anything they bring from the "want" catagory is just the icing on top. Long-lasting relationships do not survive on surface items like hair color or whether or not the person has a little bit of a gut. They are built on the honest to a fault and good valves (values I presume?) you mentioned.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends of what kind of girl he wants to take notice...If he projects that he's happy, confident, and comfortable with himself, that's the kind of gal that will look his way. If he's shy, insecure, and makes up for it by being a tool, then I'm sure he'll get some attention but maybe not from the kind of woman he wants to meet.

Now if he has a 10 pound package and a trust fund...
just kidding, kinda.
Quote Reply
Re: relatioship Q for the ladies [kitboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Now if he has a 10 pound package and a trust fund...
just kidding, kinda.
There's truth in every joke hahaha :P

Quote | Reply
After the shallow first impressions from phsyique and general looks (I'll be honest), what gets me is the intellectual attraction. This means I have to get into a conversation with a guy before I really know if there's going to be a connection. Dull/shy probably wouldn't work for me personally as I'm a chatterbox and a bit of a controlling personality so I need someone who can/will push back but, as someone else said, it's a matter of finding the right person. Sadly for a shy guy, that means he needs to meet enough people to find the right one.

Sort of off topic, I know it's rude to point out spelling errors but "great valves" is giving me the giggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No criticism intended, it just made me laugh. I once had a creditor "waiving his tights" (darned r's and t's are too close to each other) in the minutes of a bankruptcy meeting and I spent several years signing off emails as Alsion or Alions so this is definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you need a rewrite? Something along the lines of:
Clean living, fit and active working professional, is a good listener and great with his hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this whole time have we been talking about you?

Quote | Reply
Hey, I think I'm a bit like you (I'm a guy). I'm pretty shy and quiet, and am not a social butterfly by any stretch. If I'm in a room full of people and they're all laughing, talking, having fun, etc., I will gladly be a fly on the wall and not join in. Case in point: my girlfriend and some friends decided to play Taboo the other night, and I really wanted no part of it. Of course, I played with them but I would have been just as content sitting there with my mouth shut watching everyone else play. I didn't want to be entertained :) I'm not sure if I'm describing this very well! I'm almost 29 and might have 2-3 drinks per month, and I've NEVER smoked or done any illegal drug. So, lots of folks would probably say I'm boring, and it took me a while to find a great woman, but it finally happened. Be patient and stay true to yourself - not easy to do, but it should be worth it. Just my two cents!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough. I think it's fair to say, then, that my opinion doesn't matter here. I'm 26, so my outlook on things is very different than someone who you would be pursuing/would be pursuing you.
"where i might stand being single again if that happens" - are you currently not single? Does this mean you are planning to be?

Quote | Reply
Wow. I don't have any advice other than to say hang in there. Good luck with whatever happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like wine and football too much

;-)

Jodi

In Reply To:
Ladies.If you meet a guy who never smoked/drugged/drank,had a good job and went to it everyday,did not sit in front of the TV to much,has not watched a b-ball/football game forever,but liked working in his shop/riding/trying to keep in shape,would you even look his way?
This guy is a little dull/shy,good at his job but not rich by any means,loves pets,just a good guy,great values,honest to a fault,would you even look?
Quote Reply

Prev Next