Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

recommend a carpet cleaner?
Quote | Reply
we have wall-to-wall carpet in our (huge) livingroom, 2 bedrooms and our stairs/hallway and it's in horrible condition. too many pet accidents, too many spilled drinks at parties, plus the general dirt that a vacuum won't get out.

my folks would be happy to buy me a carpet deep cleaner for christmas, but when i look at the models available for a decent price (<$300) there seem to be constant complaints in the reviews: broken driveshafts, blown pumps, leaking tanks.

does anyone have a carpet cleaner with which they're happy? the one that seems to come closest to fitting our needs is the bissell pro heat 2x (http://www.homedepot.ca/...eaning-system/971527), so i'd love a review if anyone has one, but i'm open to other suggestions as well.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
That's the one we have. We had the previous version of that model for many years and it cleaned a lot of carpet messes before it finally stopped working properly. So far the new model works just as well and we have used it a number of times already. With kids and dogs it seems like there is always a carpet mess that needs cleaning.
Quote Reply
Re: recommend a carpet cleaner? [slow_n_steady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome, thanks for your response!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
When we were 20-somethings, we went in together on one with 4 other couples and bought a better model. It never made sense for just one family to own even a cheap one but was perfect for 4. That lasted 15 years.

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Re: recommend a carpet cleaner? [SBR_bestgoodbad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the input - my folks got us the one i posted above for christmas, on the condition we lend it to them for a couple of jobs :) now to find the time to use it!

cheers!

-mistress k