Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

race number belt?
Quote | Reply
Is it important to have a race number belt? If so, is one brand better than another? I do my first sprint Tri the last weekend in June and still feel like there is a LOT to learn!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: race number belt? [ranchrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a one-piece swimsuit the entire tri, so I need a race number belt for the run segment. If you're going to wear a shirt you can pin it to that.

Brand, nah, there all the same. I forgot mine on Saturday when I raced and just used a piece of yarn.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: race number belt? [ranchrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a race belt. it is easier to to just clip it on for the bike than doing any pinning after the swim. I worry about the pins tearing my clothes so I don't wear it under my wetsuit. No brand is better than the other. Your local running store or tri shop will have some.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: race number belt? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm a cheapskate and don't want to ruin any of my racing clothes with pins, so i use one. it rides up to my natural waist, but i keep it loose enough that i don't end up with it compressing my diaphragm (i'm high waisted).

i think the only difference i've seen between the myriad of brands is attachment system. mine uses lace locks on 1.5" pieces of elastic, which i prefer to the dome snap type.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I use a long piece of elastic. It's actually the strap from Sweedish Goggles. It stays put down around my hips and doesn't ride up to my waist like the others do. I used to just grab it and tie it off, but last week I used the plastic connectors from a 'real' race belt and fixed mine so it is easy to put on and take off.
Quote Reply
Re: race number belt? [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a race belt. It's easy. I got my first one for free as part of my sign up fee from my local tri club.
Quote Reply