Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

post ironman crosstraining
Quote | Reply
I just finished my first full - IMLP. Now I need something to get remotivated. I am starting a 60 day INSANITY challenge group 8/26. I have witnessed some impressive results. Have you incorporated INSANITY into you tri training? Want to join me and keep each other going?
Quote Reply
Re: post ironman crosstraining [limitless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a thought--some folks such as myself might be somewhat skeptical when your first post to this forum (and to ST), done on the same day you registered, promotes purchase of a product

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: post ironman crosstraining [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Understood - that is reasonable. I had thought about crossfit in the off season but I know that causes controversy on here and I would prefer to do something on my own schedule. I am open to other ideas, I just have not done much since the race so I need a new focus.
Quote Reply
Re: post ironman crosstraining [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be skeptical, but it's not a new product or something that hasn't been heard of. It's Insanity. Been around for a long time and even if they managed to break into the triathlete market it wouldn't be a big deal to them. They sell a lot more to other markets, this market is barely worth their time.
Quote Reply
Re: post ironman crosstraining [limitless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own or have done several beach body workouts - P90X, Insanity, Brazil Butt. I tend to go back to P90X more often than the others. I have used the "strength" dvds of P90X (arms/back, legs, etc) to help me build strength for mountain bike racing. I also frequently use the stretch, yoga and core dvds to supplement my tri/run training. I do better with having something to follow along with than just going to the gym with a strength routine.

Honestly, I just can't stand Shaun T of the Insanity dvds so its really hard to keep pushing play (as they like to say). Plus the workouts aren't my cup of tea. Too much jumping around.
Quote Reply
Re: post ironman crosstraining [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have never completed the p90x program but I do have the videos. Now I just have to decide how to fit them in. I signed up for a late fall marathon so I just need some additional strength training. I was early to my workout yesterday so I joined in on the Zumba class that was in the same place...that was not for me. The instructor didn't cue and it was a little too free form even for a cardio only workout.
Quote Reply