Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

pilates dvds
Quote | Reply
First off, congrats to JenHS for getting to your goal weight. Good for you! I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some good pilates dvds 'cause I'm struggling with a few problem areas myself. I looked into a couple of classes and they just aren't convenient and I can't justify yet another membership fee. I'm not afraid to work hard-actually the tougher the better as far as I'm concerned. Any suggestions are appreciated!!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Re: pilates dvds [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
instead of a gym membership look for a private studio that does classes- the dvds I have are from Peak Pilates but I've heard that people like the Mary Winsor stuff
Quote Reply
Re: pilates dvds [Snap!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few years ago when I was looking to try some pilates at home, the pilates instructor at the gym my DH managed said she recommended the Stott dvds above all others for home use.
Quote Reply
Re: pilates dvds [scrumhalfgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, forgot about Stott- I've seen those and they are good as well- get the mat dvd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try P90X. I don't do all the cardio DVD's but the strength and core ones are awesome.
Lots of new exercises and definitaly lots of core work
Quote Reply
Re: pilates dvds [wickedcheezit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished my 2nd week of P90X. The yoga DVD is super hard. Overall, it is a hard program (I hurt everywhere!) but I hope to make it the 90 days.
Quote Reply
Re: pilates dvds [wickedcheezit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have P90X and have done the yoga dvd a few times. For some reason I was thinking that pilates is different, harder maybe. Of course if I would do it consistently that might be the answer right there. :)

Thanks everyone!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good workouts, and dead cheap - the caribbean workout pilates, pilates plus, and core pilates dvds. you can get them off ebay for about $1 each, or from amazon/chapters/whoever for about $6/each. they're 22mins per workout (as it's a 30min television show), with about 3-4 workouts per dvd.

cheers!

-mistress k