Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
no YOU didn't....
Quote | Reply
This afternoon my 3 1/2 year old daughter BUTCHERED my 2 year old daughters hair; not sure if its even fixable when we go see our stylist tomorrow. She no longer has bangs and the sides/back are missing one huge chunk after another.

I'm so frustrated with my daughter for doing this!!! Am I really this shallow over stupid hair? $#!$#!#@ It's hair and it will grow back in 6-9 months perhaps, but dang it......my baby girl already looks exactly like her daddy....now with no hair. FREAKN A.

I guess she'll be flying now on her Tricycle!

Ok Mom's out there...share your story (if you have one), so I'll feel better.

Quote | Reply
rotflmao

this makes me glad I have boys....when lice broke out in school and one kid had a nit I just shaved their heads....and when older son decided to cut his OWN hair (at a rather young age) I just gave him a crew cut.....

still laughing at the image of your daughter....

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Re: no YOU didn't.... [wolffpack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My two year old took a chunk out of our four year old's hair (in the back). It isn't really noticeable, unless you try to do pig tails. We found out when our four year old came in with the scissors saying it was her turn. I cut my own hair when I was a kid too. Maybe you could just get her a really cool pixie cut? Go with it!

Who moved my Fat Tire?

http://www.unbeatabletravel.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're young enough that they won't care. Now, if they were teenagers that's a whole 'nother problem! Better put away all the scissors when your older one turns 14.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no! My kids have yet to find the joy of scissors, but I have an awesome pic of me and my brother at 2 and 4, shortly after I gave him a haircut.

I hope the stylist can fix her up tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a family picture (bro, sis and I) a week after my hair was fixed because I took the scissors to it. My mom kept my hair short for a very long time after that. If i can find it I will post it tomorrow. My bangs are uneven (but so are my brothers and I think my mom cut his hair) and the rest is really short all the way around. I was 3 at the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goddaughter did that (to herself) a while back ago - I think she was 3, possibly 4 at the time.

I thought it was hilarious. Her mother? Not so much...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I came home two nights ago and my 13 year old had done this to herself. She thought it would be fun to cut bangs into her long hair. It is a good thing she likes the "emo" look and doesn't mind looking different. I told her she was acting like a 3 year old and needed a babysitter - then I hid all the scissors. Does it ever end?????
Quote Reply
Re: no YOU didn't.... [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you are old, these are the memories you will smile about
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No kids, but did the same thing to my younger sister while my parents were having a dinner party. I only got her bangs though. This was EARLY 80s, so this is when the children had bangs that started at the crown of your head. Yup, Meg had a nice do goin' for a while! I got in big trouble.

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No big deal it is just hair. It is not like she butchered your hardwood floor or carpet, etc....

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are not hair cutting incidents but when my daugther was around two years old she did two major, "Oh no you didn't" things.

The first one is when she drew all over the hallway wall with crayons.
The next was when she took rather large bag of dry catfood and poured it all over the floor in her room. She said she didn't want the cat to be hungry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing to myself when I was younger. My mom decided that my punishment would be not fixing my hair but I was so young I didn't care. If I was ever able to get my hair on scissors I'd chop a little more off. Luckily I never went after my younger sister's hair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have always wanted to have curly hair. When I was little I thought you got curls by using a round brush . . . I got a 1" round brush completely tangled in my hair. My mom wasn't home at the time, so dad "fixed" the problem but cutting the brush (and 6" of my hair!) out. My mom wasn't all that angry at me, but dad had to sleep on the couch for a week.
Quote Reply
Re: no YOU didn't.... [FeS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sister cut her bangs and some of the front part of her hair completely off when she was 3. Somehow I (7 at the time) was also to blame. I remember that we were not allowed to use scissors for a whole month after that incident. Which is an eternity for a kid.

Probably some time for a few cute summer hats, and I wouldn't stress too much. Anyone who has kids understands that things like this happen.
I recently had to go to the library with an "Olivia" book that I had to tape half the pages back together. Why she couldn't tear the pages of one of our books (preferably one I don't like!) is beyond me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snackie has "trimmed" her own bangs twice. Both times right before picture day.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: no YOU didn't.... [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was 4, my mother was out of town for work, and my dad took me to the local BARBER shop and offered to pay me $5 to get my hair cut boy-style short. He said he was sick of my mother and I fighting about brushing the knots out.

At 4, $5 sounded GREAT, so I did it.

When my mom returned, I think my parents had the biggest fight of their marriage-

And I still swear that my dad never gave me the money, even though he swears he did.
Quote Reply
Re: no YOU didn't.... [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck, I don't think this stuff EVER ends! When I was 21 I had shorter hair and needed a trim. My friend told me her twin sister was great at cutting hair. I ended up with a shaved head. I kid you not. And the worst was that I had to go to the salon to have them even out my shaved head (reason to let sister do it was to save money).

I knew I was screwed when I felt the electric razor slide up the back of my head and then my friend about fell on the floor laughing.

Sigh.

Of course now I kinda think a shaved head might be nice, but no guts at all to cut it even remotely that close again!

Em

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My oldest sister played "hairdresser" with the 2nd oldest sister when they were very little. It was the day our family was doing a formal portrait and my mom was getting ready and my sister butchered my other sister's hair...she literally chopped it off and she was bald in spots and her bangs were zig zag. My mom was quite upset to say the least and my sister just kept saying she was trying to do her hair for the photo. It was right before easter and the family was going to Florida for Easter to visit my grandparents. My mother was so embarassed and as punishment to my two sisters (the one got punished because she thought it was a grand idea) made my sisters wear matching bonnets the entire vacation. The family photo though is actually really cute now and my dad laughs about it, but apparently it wasn't funny for quite some time. You'll look back and laugh down the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right of passage. It's like the first time a turd gets loose in the tub or a toddler hands you a booger and says "here mama", or one uses a whole bottle of baby powder on the dog or gets the permanent sharpy to "make her sister a pirate" by drawing on a full beard and mustache.

In years to come you will look back and laugh even if it is mortifying at the time it happens. Take pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: no YOU didn't.... [Tightey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Right of passage. It's like the first time a turd gets loose in the tub or a toddler hands you a booger and says "here mama", or one uses a whole bottle of baby powder on the dog or gets the permanent sharpy to "make her sister a pirate" by drawing on a full beard and mustache.
Thank you for helping remind me why I don't want kids haha :)

Quote | Reply
Ok I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. Ya'll have certainly cheered me up. ROFL....

Took my 2 year old to get the hair cut "fixed" and well....it's short and in a funny way cute. I'll try to get some before/after pics posted.

Quote | Reply
I have two boys and both of their hair is really short so luckily, no stories on that front here yet. But, my mom loves to tell the story of when my little sister and I decided to cut each other's hair when we were little. Hence, all the pictures where we look like little boys because it had to be so short in order to even it out! LOL.

Be sure you take pictures! Major bribery material for when they start dating! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So here we go. Keep in mind she had the hair cut below for ONE week. Then, well...ya know...snippity snip....

Before "Beauty Shop"

After "Beauty Shop" with Big Sister:

The back was so cut up in chunks that the only remote way to get it to look normal (especially with the 'no bangs' bangs look) was to whack it off.

After going to get it fixed:

She'll definitely stay cool this summer when its Butt hot outside.
God Bless my baby girl.....

Quote | Reply
My 19 yr old son is home for a visit from the west coast where he is attending college. Sometimes I really miss those days when the kids were young. Grin and bear it. Someday your kids will be grown up and on their own. Enjoy every moment when they're young, even moments like this one. :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next