Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ladies, a critical call to action! please read
Quote | Reply
Hi ST Womens! :)
Just got this message from a girlfriend and then emailed it to 10 friends so they could pass it along. So, now i send it to you, let's do our part and get clicking! Please read below, thanks! Kitty (JoAnne)

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle).
This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.
Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
Last edited by: kittycat: Feb 7, 08 19:09
Quote Reply
Re: ladies, a critical call to action! please read [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jo! Everyone please do this - it really only takes a few seconds and doing it can actually help save a life...think about it!! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to do this every day, but haven't done it in a while. I really don't understand how it helps. It seems like they're trying to do something that isn't really right. With me just clicking, it seems like cheating the advertisers. But, I guess I'll keep doing it if it helps support them in some small way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is deserving of the attention of the other forums. Good idea...I just did it and I'm going to do it again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As with most things in life you get what you pay for in terms of chairity. Sites like these often give people the feeling as if they have done something charitable without actually costing them anything. I believe this gives people a "warm fuzzy feeling" without and tru effort and tends to detract people from really getting out there and truly giving, be it time, money or other resources.

CharityUSA.com, LLC, a privately held, for-profit company based in Seattle) assumed control of the company for one million dollars. CharityUSA owns and operates various click-to-donate-sites. CharityUSA currently claims that 100% of the website's sponsor advertising revenue is paid to the aforementioned non-profit partners, however, the company does not publicly disclose the amounts it actually donates or the salaries of it employees.
Quote Reply